We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bouganville playa v bahia princess

Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bouganville playa v bahia princess

Hi all I'm thinking of booking a week in early April and have probably narrowed it down to these 2 resorts. Prices are around the same and Princess looks glitzier but I've used iberostar in dominican republic and they were really solid all round. I'd appreciate everyone's thoughts on these 2 hotels please. Thanks in advance

Ireland
Level Contributor
600 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bouganville playa v bahia princess

This time last year we stayed at the Bouganville Playa and loved it. The food was the best we have had in Tenerife. Different stations and loved the Chinese one. Brilliant

The other one is a area that I don't really like.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bouganville playa v bahia princess

Another vote for the Bouganville, although haven't stayed at your other choice. For us it's more about the area, we love the location of the bouganville, and the bars around it. We like the walk into Los Chris in one direction and La Caleta the other way - it seems quite central to both resorts and is about a 30 to 40 minute walk. The food when we stayed in December was good, although as in any buffet restaurant could be chaotic. The egg station in the morning was great, fresh omelette to order, but if you times it wrong there was a queue. There was so much choice at breakfast and dinner. The rooms were OK, I don't think the recent refurb hasnt been that successful, there's hardly any drawer space and the hanging space is limited and some of my dresses were too long for the wardrobe. The shower is lovely and very powerful. Hope that helps x

Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bouganville playa v bahia princess

Thanks guys I was leaning towards iberostar but I haven't been travelling in Europe for ages. Dominican republic is our usual choice now and I've probably been spoiled with smoked salmon and champagne for breakfast lol

North East England...
Level Contributor
773 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bouganville playa v bahia princess

Stayed at the Bouganville many times....great hotel, location second to none. Sadly prices have gone through the roof in last 12 months.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bouganville playa v bahia princess

I think there was smoked salmon at breakfast, not sure it was champagne though, just cava! We paid £400.00pp half board in December, prices for the same week this year are double. We're keeping our fingers crossed prices come down x

Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bouganville playa v bahia princess

It's around 550 for a week half board early April and it was cava in dom rep too sorry lol but very nice just the same :)

uk
Level Contributor
293 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bouganville playa v bahia princess

We have just stayed at Bahia princess and it was really nice, good food, not many children, nice bar area outside with waiter service, good entertainment

and great location, near the bars on the front and beach, Bouganvilla is further out from fanabe playa las Americas side, I think this hotel just has the edge over the other really good staff in the restaurant too.

8. Re: Bouganville playa v bahia princess

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 25, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje