We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses Puerto del Carmen to Playa Blanca

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
345 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Buses Puerto del Carmen to Playa Blanca

Can anyone help me with the location of the bus stop going to Playa Blanca from Lanzarote Village Hotel. Is there a direct bus or do we need to change?

I think I have managed to find the return bus stop, is it opposite the Estacion de guagua?

I have yet to find a good website for timetables etc, does anyone have one?

Thanks for any help.

Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses Puerto del Carmen to Playa Blanca

lanzarote villages nearest bus stop is the san antonio and to come back you get on at the top of the slope into the ferry harbour.see link below for timetable

intercitybuslanzarote.es/index.php…

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
345 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses Puerto del Carmen to Playa Blanca

Many thanks for this...printed off the timetable (a sensible one at last). A couple more questions if I may?

a) Do you know how long I should allow for the bus to get from the airport to Hotel San Antonio?

b) I think I have found the return bus stop you mention on Google Earth, is it a right turn at the island above the taxi rank on the exit from the ferry terminal?

Thanks very much for your help.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
315 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses Puerto del Carmen to Playa Blanca

When reaching Playa Blanca, the bus stops first at the bus station (Estación de Playa Blanca) before going on to the harbour stop (Muelle de Playa Blanca).

Depending on the time of day, the bus can be quite crowded, so you might consider catching the return leg from the station to avoid having to sit apart or stand for the journey back.

FYI, there is a google map of all the bus stops on Lanzarote

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms…

- I can't vouch for it's accuracy........

Gorey, Ireland
Level Contributor
213 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses Puerto del Carmen to Playa Blanca

There's a new mobile app available free on Apple and android called GUAGUAPP. It has all the timetables , updates and location of bus stops. Hope this helps.

Enjoy

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
345 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses Puerto del Carmen to Playa Blanca

Many thanks to all...I think I have now sussed it.

Regards

aberdeen
Level Contributor
750 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses Puerto del Carmen to Playa Blanca

Question 2a) by the OP at post 2 is a good one since the timetables only show time of departure from point of origin, although I haven't checked whether the mobile app gives more details en route. I'd say allow 10-15 minutes for the bus to reach the San Antonio Hotel from the airport. For question 2b) I confirm post 3 that getting on at the bus station at PB for the return journey is best.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
345 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses Puerto del Carmen to Playa Blanca

Thanks for your help...regarding the return journey from PB, does the bus pull into the bus station on the inward journey and is it possible to board and stay on the bus for the return journey before the bus completes the inward leg to the harbour? I am only thinking of what the situation is over here locally and it is not done but that is only my own experience.

Any help gratefully received.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buses Puerto del Carmen to Playa Blanca

I haven't used the bus to PdC and not sure whether the bus goes into the bus station twice ( due to the station being on one side of the road) but you can see from this pic that people are getting on at the bus station, so that's where I would head to, after finding out the time on arriving there

…imageshack.com/img539/7209/42fs5f.jpg

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
315 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buses Puerto del Carmen to Playa Blanca

I think the answer you want is "yes" for both.

The bus pulls into the station and parks up on the stand.

On the way down you can leave here or stay on-board and get off at the harbour stop if you wish.

For the return trip, you can get on at the station or catch the bus at the harbour irrespective of where you originally disembarked.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
750 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Buses Puerto del Carmen to Playa Blanca

I confirm post 9 above - yes for both - although re the first question the driver may ask passengers to disembark at the bus station unless you've asked specifically on boarding to get off at the next stop after the bus station - i.e. the ferry port (Muelle). We made sure we did this when travelling from the airport to the ferry port in PB as some of the drivers can be a bit gruff (although most are absolutely fine).

For the questions (including Delboy's) about the return trip, the bus (#161) effectively starts from the bus station then picks up from the ferry port (although this of course is the designated final stop of the outward trip). The bus doesn't then go back into the bus station although there's a stop on the opposite side of the road which it might pick up from. The previous service which only went as far as PdC did but I'm not sure if the 161 does. Anyway, probably just get on at the bus station itself for the return journey to guarantee a good seat.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen