We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with puerto del carmen

Carterton...
Level Contributor
24 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with puerto del carmen

I'm looking at coming here in October and I was wondering whether it is more suited for younger party gooers?

I'm going with my husband (we are late20's) and my parents late 50's

We like a few drinks/food out, shops and beach do would this suit us ?

Level Contributor
104 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with puerto del carmen

I've been there 3 times and in my opinion it would suit you. But everyone likes different things. There are a lot of families that go and it's not that much of a party place really with only a couple of what they call nightclubs.

There are a few nice places to go for a few drinks with some live music that might suit you. One thing I would say is that I didn't like the beach too much there so if the beach is a big thing for you I wouldn't choose there.

Carterton...
Level Contributor
24 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with puerto del carmen

Perfect thank u

london
Level Contributor
365 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with puerto del carmen

Certainly not more suited to party goers. Singles, couples, families, all sorts and all ages.

Pdc has everything you want in your last sentence

Drinks/food out, shops and beach.

In my opinion I personally think playa Grande beach in Pdc is pretty good.

I'm sure you will have a great time here.

Wirral
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with puerto del carmen

It's certainly not a 'young party goers' resort, it's a mixed bag of different ages and a lovely resort, been numerous times and love it there. Lots of different bars and restaurants there.

I agree with Matt, if it's Playa Grande beach Pinkgirl is referring to, I also think it's good. Matagorda beach is also a lovely beach.

You won't go wrong with this resort.

Edited: 4:21 pm, June 17, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with puerto del carmen

Can I just ask y didn't like the beach pink girl is there more tan one beach

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help with puerto del carmen

I'm curios too as there's nothing to dislike about the huge expanse of the main beach in PDC ??

There are some smaller coves and of course another huge beach at Los Pocillos.......

Level Contributor
104 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help with puerto del carmen

It's just a personal opinion. I find the sand very dirty and stoney. I prefer a long beach to walk on with nice white soft sand.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help with puerto del carmen

Matagorda/Los Pocillos beach has a mixture of sand and small stones; however, it is on par with any beach and the walk is pleasantly refreshing. PDC has everything; we too old for the nightclubs but not the nightlife.

Plenty of late night life music; best of all is The Island Bar near the harbour. We stay in Matagorda though travel a few nights to the PDC old town for dinner and venture into a music bar. It is good to get to Matagorda and relax for an hour in our local in the early hours.

You will have many differing opinions but are you concerned for your 'late 20's' fun or your parents or both. Will you all be going out together each night or would your parents enjoy something different than nightclubs?

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help with puerto del carmen

There are plenty of different sorts of beaches to choose from so the statement "One thing I would say is that I didn't like the beach too much there so if the beach is a big thing for you I wouldn't choose there" is a bit strong if it refers to Puerto del Carmen as a whole.

Puerto del Carmen (in the is Municipality of Tias) has about 10 different separately identifiable beaches along the 6km stretch from Matagorda, at the airport end, to the old town/harbour area, ranging from the small isolated stretches of sand to those with water activities, sunbeds an the like. The stretch from Matagorda to Los Pocillos is Playa Matagorda (including Playa Lima), then there is a large beach - Playa Pocillos - in front of Los Pocillos and Costa Mar. As already mentioned, the main beach on the main part of the Avenida de las Playas (The Strip), is Playa Grande. Playa Chica is a nice but smallish fine sand beach near the harbour.

10. Re: Need help with puerto del carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:09 am, September 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen