We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dancing ! Any suggestions for Discotecas - Salsa - Tango ??

Wuppertal
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dancing ! Any suggestions for Discotecas - Salsa - Tango ??

The week around easter I'm in Puerto del Carmen (Playa de los Pocillos).

I love to dance, no matter if its Salsa, Tango Argentino or House / RnB in a Discoteca. Even Zumba is a good "substitute" if nothing else is around.

Are there any good places to dance in PDC ??

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Del Carmen
Puerto Del Carmen
Lanzarote, Spain
Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dancing ! Any suggestions for Discotecas - Salsa - Tango ??

if you go and see wanda at the cleopatra studio situated in the matagorda,she takes zumba classes so she would be able to put you on the right path.La ola restaurant does a flamenco show on a friday or saturday with the evening meal if that helps.

Mentioned in this post
Cafe La Ola
Cafe La Ola
3,222 Reviews
Lanzarote, Spain
Wuppertal
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dancing ! Any suggestions for Discotecas - Salsa - Tango ??

Thanx for your suggestions, I might try to ask Wanda about Zumba classes.

When it comes to Flamenco, thats not for me and I prefer to dance myself rather than to watch a show :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dancing ! Any suggestions for Discotecas - Salsa - Tango ??

Hiya, Im just back from PDC and like yourself love dancing. There is a place in the Harbour called San Miguel. Unfortunately I didnt get there as I didnt know about it at the time as I wouldnt often go to the Old Town. But some girls I met the other day said it was full of locals last Friday and Saturday doing Salsa, Bachata etc. So gutted I missed that one!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dancing ! Any suggestions for Discotecas - Salsa - Tango ??

Also on 21st March there was a Tango event somewhere in PDC - a lesson followed by dancing. So not sure if that's a regular thing or a one off. When you get there you will see posters up all around the place if there is anything on.

Wuppertal
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dancing ! Any suggestions for Discotecas - Salsa - Tango ??

thanx ! I will definitely check out San Miguel. sounds like a good place when the locals go there :)

too bad this time I won't have a car, so it'll be a bit difficult to get around. I'm located at Playa los Pocillos and its far to walk to the harbour...

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dancing ! Any suggestions for Discotecas - Salsa - Tango ??

Id never bother with a car when Im there. You can jump on a bus up to the old town or get a cab which is only about €4. You must be off shortly now, enjoy! And the weather is definitely hotter now than when I was there a few weeks ago.

7. Re: Dancing ! Any suggestions for Discotecas - Salsa - Tango ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 12, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen