We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Jameos Playa advice please

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Los Jameos Playa advice please

We are considering booking Los Jameos Playa for our honeymoon in July/ August, there are just a couple of things concerning me. If anyone can give an opinion on the following that would be great:

1) is it worth the extra money to upgrade to a junior suite?

I have some mobility issues due to Rheumatoid Arthritis. I plan to hire a mobility scooter while I am there so I can make the most of it. I can walk short distances and manage a few steps but not pool ladders.

2) Do you think this hotel is suitable for a scooter/ accessible enough?

3) Is there another way to get into the pool other than ladders? (It looks in the pictures like one end might be sloped) or are there stairs into pool?

I would appreciate any advice you can give. I want this to be a brilliant holiday and the best start to married life! :-)

Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Jameos Playa advice please

Bump.....

2. Re: Los Jameos Playa advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:11 pm, March 12, 2014
Edited: 8:11 pm, March 12, 2014
dorisando
Level Contributor
333 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Jameos Playa advice please

you will be fine with regards to the pool as one of them is tilted, so you would be able to gain access via a chair, and if necessary without t sounding to bad, possible to sit nd move into the pool as its sloped, without having to worry about ladders..hope that does not sound too bad!! have been here 6 times last year, feb this year and returning again in May!!

def friendly with regards to w.chair access, IMO plenty of slopes up to bar, evening entertainment, bars and restaurants in fact even outside the hotel would be fine..having needed the use for buggy access...not found to be a problem!!

overall, this hotel I have found myself never to be a problem, Hence the amount of times we visit each year...although not disabled I would find the facilities excellent and access to be in v good standards, I do hope you consider the hotel, I think the food is great, stff etc, please email me for more details I'd you need too.

Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Jameos Playa advice please

Thank you. That's perfect! We are going to go ahead and book.

:-)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Jameos Playa advice please

Nautilus Bungalows are gorgeous and have a very discreet hoist. Whoel place built for access.

6. Re: Los Jameos Playa advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:34 am, March 23, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen