We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back...

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
118 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Just Back...

Just back from our 7th visit to Lanzarote.

Stayed in the Flora apartments in the old town and have posted a review on these, couldn't fault them at all, in fact they gave us an upgrade for being a returning customer.

Didn't do as much as usual as my husband isn't too well at the moment so mainly pottered around the harbour.

Recommend people go to Puerto Calero, we went on each visit using the water bus, it costs 10 euros for a return trip and takes about 20 minutes and is great fun. You can walk along the coastal path and it takes about 45 mins and is fairly easy if you have good mobility. On the Sunday all the teams were in for the World Championship sailing, or something, and it had a real buzz about the place.

The rest of the time like I say we just pottered about the old town. Our favourite bar is San Miguel but this seems to have changed hands. The staff were lovely but clearly struggling to find their feet, and no food was being served. I don't know if this is because they had chef problems or if it was because the place next door was being renovated and they felt it wasn't worth it for the few customers they had. I hope they find their feet soon as their enthusiasm was great, they just need to learn.

Good restaurants to visit. We tried 3 and then rotated back round as we enjoyed them all. I think the most we paid was 57 euros and this was generally for 2 courses, a couple of drinks and coffee. My husband loves his steaks and had these most nights and quality was great.

As someone else mentioned on another post, no trouble makers. A mixed age group but you never see trouble. I don't know what it gets like later in the evening but we were out and about until about 11ish and everyone just seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Weather was fantastic. A couple of cloudy starts which is normal but otherwise lovely, sat between 24 and 30 most days.

Had a great time and now just saving up for next year (and getting the washing done)!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back...

Glad to see that you had a great time Alison,

Any names of the 3 restaurants that you enjoyed?

We walk over to Calero most times we are over and it has a lovely laid back vibe,

In all the time we have been going to PDC never really seen any trouble, good luck in saving for your next visit !

Happy Holidays

Danny

Edited: 3:20 am, November 25, 2013
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,009 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back...

Hi

Glad you had a great time, I too would be interested which restaurants you enjoyed we are flying out in a few weeks and like to try new places to eat, especially good ones!

Diane

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,076 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back...

Good reports. Thanks for posting. PDC isn't known for bother as it's a mixed resort (ages). The only thing I've seen in pdc is a young couple outside centro in the early hours having a domestic which lead to the guy slapping the young women in the face...in front of the guardia. Thankfully as you'd expect from the guardia their response was immediate and he was carted off rather unceremoniously.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,076 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back...

By the way the world championship sailing is held every year around the same time. They close most of the car park in the marina for the crews upto a month before the race as crews bring in there gear. The guy that runs the world race brings his £250m yaht into the marina. There's a big party after the week of racing in the marina. It's ticket only but I know the lady that runs the tournament for Pepe Calero so have had tickets. Bad idea with a free bar! Thankfully I only had 60 yards to stumble home!!

5. Re: Just Back...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen