We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back to reality

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
190 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Back to reality

Great break in Matagorda - our new area of choice and what a cracking 10 days.

Weather superb, visited all our local eateries (Timbayba, Fu Gui, Sapporo etc) and went into PDC central to Bozenas, Valentinos and Emmas Cantina without which any holiday would not be complete. Only downside was that I was told that Emmas is up for sale - visited before I heard that snippet so hope it isn't gen.

No signs of touts thankfully and saw a few beach chairs back on the sands so that issue seems to be over and done with. Our friends who hadn't been to Lanz before were suitably impressed and want to go back

Unfortunately it all went too quick and its back to reality - HeyHo roll on next year.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back to reality

Glad you had a great time Bodecas, that is what holidays are for after all...

not been in Valentina's is it as good as they say? must get over to Sapporo one of these days too !

I think Emma is looking to take it easy now, obviously with Mike not being around.

Had a good chat with her last time we were over and am still trying to persuade her to do a 'cook book'

Happy Holidays

Danny

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
190 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back to reality

I personally like Valentinas and so do the family. Bruno is a one man band and never seems to let his standards drop

He does pretty good Garlic and Port steaks and great pasta and pizzas. I do like the fact he uses fresh veg and not the frozen variety and I always come away feeling full as he fills the plates to max.

Try him next time and make your own mind up.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back to reality

Thks Bodecas,

I remember Mike (From Emma's) used to tell us to give Bruno a try.

That was before he went back to Spain for a bit, will certainly drop by there next time we are over

Happy Holidays

Danny

4. Re: Back to reality

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen