We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Pre-loaded cash card

England
Level Contributor
48 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Pre-loaded cash card

Hi, I noticed Thomas cook were offering 50 extra euro free on foreign currency if you take out one of their pre-loaded passport cards. Does anyone know how much the atm's charge for using in Lanzarote and would it be worth it rather than taking cash?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Thomas Cook Pre-loaded cash card

Yes, I don't see why you can't use it to hire a car, we haven't but if we did we wouldn't think twice about not using it for the hire.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
819 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Thomas Cook Pre-loaded cash card

We have had a thomas cook cash passport for the last couple of years.

We have used it in restaurants, petrol stations, supermarkets and loads of other places and have never had any problems. We find a pre loaded card more convenient than taking loads of cash.

Also noticed the offer for the extra €50 euros but after asking we found its only for new cards and not if you are reloading an existing card.

The co op have the same offer and were offering a better rate, with the extra €50 it works out around €1.18 or just over to the £ so might get one of these instead.

England
Level Contributor
48 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Thomas Cook Pre-loaded cash card

Hi Tired out dad, I was in the co-op travel agents yest, and I didn't see any offers on at all, they were only offering 1.13 euro to the pound too. Maybe its different rates in different town's eh?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
819 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Thomas Cook Pre-loaded cash card

Hi Jude.

We have been to co op today and got the deal I spoke about above. The standard rate is 1.13 but as said if you load a £1000 onto the card with the extra €50 it works out at €1.18.

Still not the best rate we have ever had but certainly the best for a long time!

You could always ask if your local co op will give you the same deal?

Berkshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Thomas Cook Pre-loaded cash card

Caxtons all the way for us- no fees!!!

16. Re: Thomas Cook Pre-loaded cash card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:06 am, February 20, 2014
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Thomas Cook Pre-loaded cash card

Don't use a prepay card for any hire agreement (car, bicycle etc). They will sometimes "reserve" an amount as a security deposit on your card - no money is actually removed, but your card balance goes down and it it can take a few weeks for the balance to become available again. For the same reason, don't use a prepay card at self-service petrol stations.

18. Re: Thomas Cook Pre-loaded cash card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen