We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking private apartment advice needed

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Booking private apartment advice needed

I have found a lovely apartment which we are very pleased with , but I have never done this before the person I'm dealing with says I have to pay them a deposit of €100 and pay the rest to the reception when we get there I'm worried that when we arrive we have no apartment. Advice please

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking private apartment advice needed

Probably an idea to say which apartments ? I've no doubt someone else may have stayed previously.......a deposit is always usual with private rentals

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking private apartment advice needed

The apartment is in Ocean Lanzamar

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking private apartment advice needed

There's 8 reviews on TA and a couple also reference the apartment they stayed in.......you could send some of the reviewers a PM for more info tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g662290-d5733…

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
915 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking private apartment advice needed

We have booked private apartments many times & always either paid a deposit or paid in full, we use www.ownersdirect.com which we have found to be a good site for some great apartments at half the cost of a tour operator. Hope all goes well, I'm sure it will, enjoy!

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking private apartment advice needed

We book our holiday this way all the time and never had any problems.

Hebburn Tyne and...
Level Contributor
131 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking private apartment advice needed

We stayed at Ocean Lanzamar a couple of years ago through Owners Direct and paid in full before our holiday. If I remember right I think the owner e-mailed us the security code to get into the complex, as it changes every week, and I seem to remember the keys being hidden in some sort of security box outside the apartment. We have always booked privately and so far have never had any problems.

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking private apartment advice needed

Thanks for all the help we booked delighted now

8. Re: Booking private apartment advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen