We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another bus question.

Ayrshire
Level Contributor
246 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Another bus question.

I have trawled through the bus threads and still not confident I have the info I need so I thought I'd ask my own question:

My wife and I are staying in PDC for a week then Corralejo for a week. We are then coming back to Lanzarote for flights home. No problem booking ferries, but it's the getting to Playa Blanca, then coming back from there to the airport that's the problem. Read about the 61 bus, but worried about stories that its regularly full and would they allow us to bring on suitcases anyway?

Are there any other alternatives other than forking out for a taxi?

We're staying at Caleton Balanco, opposite Las Fiones hotel.

tyne & wear
Level Contributor
501 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another bus question.

We travelled to and from P.B. when we there in May a few times mainly for the beach sunbeds and once for the ferry to Fuerteventura. During these journeys a few families used it for transfers but had to place the cases in the bus external side lockers themselves. Also the local excursion companies run airport transfers in mini buses, low cost holidays etc

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another bus question.

No. 61 is the only bus that runs from pdc to playa blanca. Not seen it that busy that they've not stopped but it could happen. The only option is to walk to playa pocillos and the stop there if you're really worried before it goes through pdc. Luggage shouldn't be a problem as there's a large luggage hold under the bus.

Manchester
Level Contributor
529 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another bus question.

the 61 runs directly into the airport however don't rely on it on a Sunday - I waited in PDC for almost an hourone day and ended up getting the no 3 to Matagorda then a taxi from there to the airport which was only 10 euro. here's the timetable -

intercitybuslanzarote.es/intercitybus/…

UK
Level Contributor
888 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another bus question.

You could book an airport transfer with a local operator (we usually use lastminute transfers ). Find a hotel near the ferry port and book a transfer from the hotel to the airport. You could book it online before your holiday, so you know it's sorted. I think 1 way 'direct' transfer with them is 25 euros for 2 people. This transfer has only 3/4 pick ups in resort and we used them in May and they were spot on as usual. The 'shuttle' service is a little cheaper.

The 61 bus is also very good but might be a bit of hassle you could do without on your last day!

Ayrshire
Level Contributor
246 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another bus question.

Thanks. An option well worth considering given, as you rightly say, it will minimize the hassle.

Ayrshire
Level Contributor
246 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another bus question.

Lots of people have posted the link to intercitybus. But, is there an english language option/button or am I just not seeing it?

7. Re: Another bus question.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, June 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen