We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Holiday

Dunleer, Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Great Holiday

Just back from an excellent eleven night stay on the island with my wife and nearly two year old daughter. 8 nights in PDC (Jable Bermudas) and 3 nights in Puerto Calero (Hesperia).

Had a great time with some lovely meals. Some of my favourites being Enjoy and Antica Tratoria in PDC and La Papardella in PC. The very best was saved for the last night. Azure in Puerto Calero. The food was amazing. Although a bit pricier than everywhere else, it was well worth it.

Had a few scoops in the very friendly Rendezvous over the course of the holiday and enjoyed every one of them. Also loved the €1.75 pints of Heineken in Ruta 66! We went to the American Indian three nights and really enjoyed the band (whatever they're called). Was one of few places suitable for a buggy!

Now I just need to start looking up flights for the next trip.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Holiday

were the pints at €1.75 in Ruta 66 during the day/happy hour, the last time I was there I seem to remember they were at least double that?

Johnstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Holiday

The price increases in the evening when there is entertainment on, it's a fairly common theme in PDC.

Dunleer, Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Holiday

1.75 between 11.30 and 6.30. Went up to 3 euro after that

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Holiday

Glad you had a good time Barrymac !

Get the next trip sorted now mate !!!

Happy Holidays

Danny

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Holiday

Thanks for the review Barrymac. We are staying in the Jable Bermudas the end of October for the 1st time.

We found the Rendevous on our trip to Puerto del Carmen two years ago and have always gone back for a drink there when we have been out there again. They are very friendly!

We are going to give the American Indian a try this time around. The guy that plays the Saxophone with the band used to play in Charlies Bar and we always found him brilliant!

Dunleer, Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Holiday

Just booked my flights....arrive on the 5th of May for ten nights....Cant wait!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Holiday

Hi

Glad you had a good time, we fly out again in April cannot wait, just booked for New Year too!

Diane

8. Re: Great Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 25, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen