We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you use any pool when in Spain?

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
York
Level Contributor
82 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Can you use any pool when in Spain?

Hi,

Staying in la Penia in March. Just read the latest review and it mentions people getting up at the crack of dawn to bag a sunbed.

I know that we definately won' t be joining this craze! Hopefully there will be enough sun beds to go round.

Just wondered whether you could use any pool as long as you buy a drink. I know this is the case in Greece but wasn't sure about Spain.

Can anyone advise?

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
4,643 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you use any pool when in Spain?

Hi

Doesn´t really apply in Spain as most pools are on complexes(unlike Greece not attached to bars etc.).....some will allow non-resident use but it is always best to ask either at reception or at the pool bar.....most will be O.K if you buy food/drink but some are for the exclusive use of residents only.

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you use any pool when in Spain?

Remember, you going in to another complex and using their sunbeds is only going to compound the problem on that complex for those that are staying there............

Having said that, I would say it depends on the size of the complex. The larger ones, such as Cinco Plaza really wouldn,t have a clue who is staying there and who isn´t. Some of the smaller places don´t mind, and as Lanzalocal says, some are for the exclusive use of residents (and have roughly the right amount of sunbeds for the number of apartments they have.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,062 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you use any pool when in Spain?

I wouldn't worry, it just says that people are getting up to save beds but doesn't say they run out. If you read another review further down, it says plenty of sunbeds available

4. Re: Can you use any pool when in Spain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen