We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
898 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Just back

Arrived back last night after a week in PDC. We hit a good week as it was marvelous sunshine every day with temps about 18-20c in the shade & +30c in the sun, OK it started & ended very cool but by mid morning until 1700 it was really hot & we all sport a very good tan. We stayed in a private villa next to Jable Bermudas apartments & it had everything we needed for a comfortable stay, we never cooked anything in the kitchen, just had the one BBQ as we ate out every night. 1st & last nights were spent at Casa Cabana where we had really good food & which was full on both occasions, so that says a lot for the place, excellent food, great service & 6 well fed customers. Others we visited were Los Marinaros which was OK but we never returned or thought about returning. Emma's Cantina was a favourite of 2 of our party so we went there for the one evening & enjoyed some good food, although I find if you have the chilli or the lamb casserole you don't get very much of it, more rice than anything else but the Enchalada's & Fajita's were fantastic. Next was La Terraza which served up a very good fish & shellfish stew but the lasagne & spag bol's were a bit disappointing, the best meal we all had was at Cafe Oh La, starting with cocktails downstairs then up to the main restaurant for the food which, again, was excellent. As we have been to PDC on more than a dozen times we have visited all these restaurants many times & we noticed that Casa Cabana hasn't changed & is very good as is Emma's Cantina so they definaitley follow the rule of 'If it isn't bust don't fix it' which was good to see. Cafe oh La was noticed to be 100% better than in June last year, excellent food & service, probably making this place the best visited on this occasion, we'd miss out La Terazza & Los Marinaros if we had stayed any longer as these were not up to our standard of eateries for an evening meal...On this occasion any way. Best of all breakfasts was to be at Bottles Bar where you got very very good service & very good brekkie food, along with a good bit o'craic off the owner & his staff, well worth a visit & especially if you are on a budget for eating out as they do food thoughout the day & evenings too. Well I will be checking a few of these places out again come May so until then, if you are due to visit soon? I hope some of this will help you decide where to go...Enjoy!!

rep ireland
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back

Very good report. was it really cold at night

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
898 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back

Aye, cardigan, jeans & trousers & blankets on the bed. I think it is mostly to do with lying in the sun for 6 hours getting a tan that makes you feel colder. Some people were walking about with fleeces on top of about 3 other tops i.e. sweat shirts which I thought was a bit OTT but who am I to make judgement?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back

Great TR pugwashed, sounds like you had a great time,

I have never eaten at Casa Cabana despite many recommendations, may have to go the list for next time !

Glad you enjoyed your hol !

Happy Holidays

Danny

4. Re: Just back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen