We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any nice walks

Tipp
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Any nice walks

Hi,

We are staying in Costa Volcan in the Old Town and would like a nice scenic walk along the coast. Wouldn't mind walking for an hour as long as there are some watering holes along the way :) Any advice is appreciated.

ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any nice walks

Yes I know a few places that I cud show you, when will u be there?

dublin
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any nice walks

the promenade out to matagorda is a great walk, plenty of watering holes along the way.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any nice walks

You could also walk to Calero along the cliff top path. Nice walk and plenty of places to try once there...

enjoy

Keith

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any nice walks

I agree the walk along the cliff top from Puerto Del Carmen old town to Puerto Calero is a nice walk. The only down side is no watering holes along the way, but plenty of nice places to have a drink at the harbour when you get there. Also, if you are not up for the walk back, there is a water taxi back to PDC and/or the bus as an alternative.

Also the walk along the promenade to Matagorda is also a nice easy stroll with numerous places to rest and have a drink on route.

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any nice walks

Would definately support all the recommendations for the walk to Puerto Calero. About 40 minutes from the harbour. Take water and suncream as no shade. Might need a light top too if its a breezy "winter" day. Lastly, as the majority of the path is a mixture of sand and stones I would suggest closed shoes. Certainly flip-flops would be a pain.

Easiest way to find the walk is to go to the harbour and go along the boardwalk in front of Casa Roja. At the end take the stairs and turn left. Once you´ve climbed the next steps you turn left towards the sea and take the zig-zag walkway up to the top. This is the most difficult part of the walk and its pretty straightforward from there.

North Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
158 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any nice walks

I did the Calero walk last year and loved it. Had a lovely walk around, lots of nice places for lunch or a drink. Got the water taxi back to see the coastline from a different view. Would recommend it.

Tipp
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any nice walks

Thanks a mill everyone, we will def try and do both walks. I like the idea of the water taxi back from puerto calero. Looking forward now :)

Plymouth UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any nice walks

Have just returned from PDC 13/1.

We did the walk from the old town harbour to Puerto Calero and really enjoyed it.

We chose a day when it was a bit cloudy as there is not any shade on the way. The path is soil so can be a bit dusty for your footwear but easy enough to walk on (no really rough bits) I am 56 and over weight so you do not have to be super fit.

Puetro Calero is a really nice harbour with some lovely restaurants and cafes. On the morning we went there was a very nice market in the square with some hand made crafts.

Lanzarote, Spain
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any nice walks

You could go by car to Playa Quemada and walk all the way to Playa Blanca along the coast, Amazing walk but quite strenous. You can return by bus.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Any nice walks

Be aware its 5-6 hours. I have yet to do this, one of two sections of the Lanzarote coast line I have have not yet walked.

Keith

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen