We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poor!!!!!!!!! Recent reviews of Los Jameos Hotel????????

west of ireland
Level Contributor
145 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Poor!!!!!!!!! Recent reviews of Los Jameos Hotel????????

Hi

I have been keeping an eye on recent reviews for this hotel. I am planning on staying here next august but after some recent reviews am having second thoughts about it.

We are a couple in our mid thirties, going away without children, looking for nice clean accommodation in a nice area.

This hotel ticked all the boxes but as you all know it is more expensive than others. I would be greatful if someone can help me decide as it will be our first visit to Lanzarote so we are not at all familiar with the island.

Thanks

N.

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Poor!!!!!!!!! Recent reviews of Los Jameos Hotel????????

This a very nice hotel, and I have never heard anyone say they did not like it. Not looked at the reviews so no idea what the issuies may or may not be, but from talking to customers in the shop who are staying there, it always seems to be great....

Keith

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
949 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poor!!!!!!!!! Recent reviews of Los Jameos Hotel????????

Do check locations of posters, dates of posting. Also if they are all first time posters. I have noticed clusters of bad reveiws before that on closer inspection have come from members of the same party, something disgruntled one if them so they all jump on the bandwagon & slate a place.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Poor!!!!!!!!! Recent reviews of Los Jameos Hotel????????

Hi

Two very good points raised above re posters.........a hotel is like anything else......for some it is great ......but for others it does not fulfil their (sometimes too high)expectations.......many places i have stayed in have come in for a lot of bad reviews...only for me to find it was great value for what I paid for it.....all reviews are subjective to your desires and expectations.

I have heard only good things regards this hotel .

Manchester
Level Contributor
108 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Poor!!!!!!!!! Recent reviews of Los Jameos Hotel????????

We sayed here last year and the only two iritations i can remember were

the fight for sunbeds in the morning and the position of the room was not good,other than that it is a superb hotel the staff and food are fantastic

west of ireland
Level Contributor
145 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Poor!!!!!!!!! Recent reviews of Los Jameos Hotel????????

Thankyou for your comments, I have my heart set on this hotel and I am booking it at the weekend.

Thanks again only 289 days to go!!!!!!!!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
180 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Poor!!!!!!!!! Recent reviews of Los Jameos Hotel????????

Hi , just know its the quiet end of the resort but your only a taxi ride away from the buzz, we are just in our 50s dont mind the neg comments this hotel is just great, food OMG fab drinks great staff so friendly , sit back and enjoy ,weve been going for years never a bad holiday. happy hols

7. Re: Poor!!!!!!!!! Recent reviews of Los Jameos Hotel????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen