We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Questions

London
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Last Minute Questions

Can anyone tell me if you can hire cars near to Los Jameos Playa and if so do I need to pre book. and can you get car seats for the kids?

We are off tomorrow so any quick answers would be much appreciated.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute Questions

Yes there are a couple of car hire places near there, no need to worry about pre-booking. They should be able to supply a car seat or two but perhaps droping in teh day before you want the car would help.

enjoy

Keith

London
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute Questions

Thanks Keith, any idea how mucj it costs for a car for the day. I think we will book it for 1 day and explore then maybe later in the holiday do another day

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Minute Questions

Around 25e, for one day. You may find it somewhat less if their doing deals and of course for two days or even three the total price would work out even better....you can certainly get cars for 7 days for around the 100e mark

enjoy

Keith

London
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Minute Questions

Thanks Keith thats really helpful and cheaper than I thought it would be too.

Any places you would strongly recommend to visit whilst we have the car?

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Minute Questions

Where to start!

Without doudt visit Timanfaya NP for the volcanos, either early, ie before 1000 or later afternoon to void the queues.

Also worth a look-

Jameos del Aqua

Mirador del Rio

Cactus Gardens (If interested in gardening)

Puerto Calero, take some bread to feed the fish! The kids will love it....

El Golfo for the green Lagoon (free)

Los Hervideros (Free)

Teguise on a non market day, also drive up the castle above for great views.

There is plenty more but it gives you an idea, plenty of beaches also if you like a dip. You cannot get lost as the island is not big enough!

enjoy

Keith

London
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last Minute Questions

Thanks Keith all of your assitance has been much appreciated. Keep up the good work and I will let you know how it all went.

7. Re: Last Minute Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen