We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time

wigan
Level Contributor
159 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
first time

visiting puerto del carmen on 7th feb for a week first time to lanzarote,does anyone know any good places to change money,and any good bars with entertainment,thanks a lot

Edited: 1:45 pm, January 29, 2010
Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,396 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time

Ben,

If it were me I'd not change money in puerto del carmen but take your bank debit card or get a post office travel card to pay for stuff. You can of course change money but the most secure way is via the banks here. They charge anything up to 3% commission a time. Some of the electronic/duty free shops advertise free money exchange at great rates but I'd personally give these a wide berth as many will cheat you.

As to bars with entertainment...there's literally 100's in puerto del carmen offering everything from live sports, karoke, live dj, singers to more 'adult' type that I can't post here.

It will depend where you're staying as to which bars are near you as pdc is miles long and will take over an hour from one side to other to walk.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time

Hi there, was in Lanzarote earlier this month & understand where richt is coming from as far as security but personally I didn't incur a problem with exchanging with some of the local shops. Theres quite a few shops that sell only alcohol & cigerettes and advertise outside their daily exchange rates. In fareness to the shop I used they did count out the money clearly & into individual 100€ piles so I could see clearly how much money they were counting out. They didn't charge commision either.

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
wigan
Level Contributor
159 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time

thanks for the info

4. Re: first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 01, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen