We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Calero

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Calero

Hi, I'm travelling to PDC in November for the third time. My parents are staying in Puerto Calero. I wondered what the taxi price is on average to visit Puerto Calero, and what the restaurants are like in the Puerto Calero area.

Thanks!

Alec

Manchester
Level Contributor
163 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Calero

Hi,

I would think that it would cost approx 5 euros from PDC to Puerto Calero, it's not very far. There are lots of nice looking restaurant at Puerto Calero although I have never eaten a proper meal in any of them.

Have a great time.

Vicky

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Calero

Hi Alec

All the restaurants in Puerto Calero are on the harbour front. Lovely to sit and watch the bling bling yachts. Last time we visited there were a couple of tapas bars, an English and an Irish pub, a very nice family run restaurant called Rosa (or something similar), an Italian which is pretty good, and right at the end, the Amoura, which has a lovely setting. It's a big white house, with a large seating area outside (as well as nice areas inside), set out on a balustraded terrace with white canopies over the tables. If you hit this restaurant when they're on form, it's a lovely eating experience. However, we've found that they can be hit or miss, and when it's a miss, it's an expensive miss! Best go on www.discoverlanzarote.com just before you go, and ask who's eaten there recently. It'll give you a better idea. They'll also be able to recommend some good restaurants in PDC old town, which might be nice for your parents to visit; unless of course you already know them if it's your third visit. Hope you all have a wonderful time, I'm jealous!

UK
Level Contributor
952 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Calero

I’ve only ever had lunches in P/Calero but they’ve been really good, can’t remember the name of the restaurant(s), but a few doors up from McSorleys bar.

You can actually walk to P/Calero from PDC, it’s a bit of a hike but it’s a really nice walk along the cliffs (need decent shoes/trainers), it takes around 1 hr from the Old Town and a great way to build up a thirst and appetite. Alternatively you could walk along the road but it’s a bit desolate, neither route is lit so you can’t really do after dark.

Note that P/Calero is pretty much out on it’s own, just 2-3 km from PDC but there’s no through traffic in P/Calero so there’s no passing taxis. Maybe a restaurant will order you one but I know someone who waited over an hour for one to come.

Ole

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Calero

Thanks for all your advice everyone! 4 weeks to go I can't wait, just hope Jet2 last for that long without going bust!

Alec

5. Re: Puerto Calero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen