We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather End Of Feb!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather End Of Feb!!

Just booked week break to stay in La Penita in PDC from the 26 Feb 2009- any advice on the weather and what to expect- will it be decent beleive can be windy!! Any advice appreciated!!

Blackpool
Level Contributor
624 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather End Of Feb!!

I was out there a year ago, weather was ok, up and down. When the sun was out, it was hot. It can be a bit breezy, but not as windy as fueterventura. Now that's windy in February.

You will definetly need jumper not necessarily coats for the evenings.

After the summer we are having here, even if you have four days sun out of seven is better than nothing.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather End Of Feb!!

I was there this year mid Feb. Apart from one day I was in my bikini by day. Lugged a cardie around in the evening, but some evenings didn't need it. There is a breeze, but it is welcome more often than not.

C

x

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather End Of Feb!!

Hi ,

First time I ever went to the Canaries it was to PDC in January about three years ago . The thing I remember most was sitting around the Marina in a cafe drinking a cold beer , the temp. was 25 deg C on the 21st Jan. and thinking how cold it was back home . I have been back to PDC and various other Canary Islands all through the year and never found it to drop below 20 - 22 deg C . As for wind PDC is very protected but further north at Costa Teguise it is very windy .

On the whole never had problems in PDC .

Enjoy your trip !!

Regards

Derek

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,141 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather End Of Feb!!

I've also been in February. We had beautiful weather up until the last few days when a storm blew in from the desert and covered the island in a sort of cloud. Lots of locusts on the beach. Very strange. We are booked for next Easter.

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
841 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather End Of Feb!!

bugalug that was called a calima, but it usually brings hot weather.we havnt had the locusts again since but i remember them well!

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,141 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather End Of Feb!!

Aah - thanks for the lesson :) Never heard of that one before.

7. Re: Weather End Of Feb!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, October 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen