We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather - Where’s the sunshine gone?

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Weather - Where’s the sunshine gone?

Is it ever sunny in Puerto del Carmen or am I just unlucky?

This is my 3rd visit this year came in March rained and was cloudy. April clouds all week?

Now here in October lovely and warm and no sunshine again?

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Del Carmen
Puerto Del Carmen
Lanzarote, Spain
26 replies to this topic
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,016 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather - Where’s the sunshine gone?

Just unlucky I guess. I think Lanzaorte really outdid itself with sun and high temperatures in the last 2 months so used up all it's Sun Tokens.

I went to the Golden Gate Bridge recently and couldn't see it unless you were on it. Was also a shame. It's not nice taking time and money to go somewhere for it to rain. It also rained on us in Los Angeles, wipers on the Jeep screeched horribly across the windscreen, they were as shocked. 😂

Last visit to Lanzarote we had one day or clouds but still went to the beach otherwise, as you're not doubt experiencing right now, little else to do if you've nothing pre booked or a car to knock around in.

Day drinking?

Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather - Where’s the sunshine gone?

I've been in Lanzorate since last Monday last week it was really hot and hardly a cloud the last couple of days the clouds have come back. I'd rather be here than at home 😊

Clonmel, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather - Where’s the sunshine gone?

Why not go in the summer?, cloudless this year in July/August for 15 of our 24 days.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
40,414 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather - Where’s the sunshine gone?

The weather is changing everywhere. If it's warm and it's dry what's not to like? :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,766 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather - Where’s the sunshine gone?

We tend to take it as it comes this time of year, even in places that are forecast as getting lots of hot sunshine.

Have had plenty of bad weather in destinations usually ranked as having wall-to-wall sunshine, so when we go to Puerto del Carmen in November we will just be happy to be somewhere that has got to be warmer than the UK, even if it isn't sunny. Btw have regularly fallen prey to those who tell you "should have been here last week, was too hot to sit in the sun."

Change is as good as a rest, just enjoy being there.

x

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Del Carmen
Puerto Del Carmen
Lanzarote, Spain
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather - Where’s the sunshine gone?

We went to Sorrento on the 1 September and it rained for 3days so cloud is good

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Hopwood, United...
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather - Where’s the sunshine gone?

You’re unlucky. We just got back from a week in CT and it was virtually wall to wall sunshine, very little cloud. Spent a day at Papagaya, sunny there too. On our last day it wasn’t cloud cover coming in, but we could definitely see the start of a calima, temps rising and the sky coloured with sand. Hope it improves for you.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather - Where’s the sunshine gone?

BBC weather says its going to be late 20s next week. Fingers crossed for me! And anyone else who's going half term week of course!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather - Where’s the sunshine gone?

There has actually been a heat wave since last Friday with a warm southerly breeze or no breeze at all. Weather only changing today. Lanzarote weather has not changed massively or got worse. Stats show the temps are higher year on year with sea temps also increasing. We have been here during heat wave and yes there’s been cloudy episodes but it’s been up to 42 in shade and averaging 28 at night - roasting. I was glad the wind changed direction today back to N/NE to give us a bit of relief and temp today was 34 in shade by our pool much easier to handle than 42. Enjoy!!

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather - Where’s the sunshine gone?

I'm confused. The OP says it's cloudy but the last poster says it's sunny and hot?

Reply to: Weather - Where’s the sunshine gone?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen