We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking for November

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Booking for November

Hi all

First of all let me apologise as some of these questions will have been asked before but I've searched and because the forum is quite busy I'm struggling to find answers!

I've never been to Lanzarote before me and our lass fancy booking a little getaway for next month (26th November)

We like to go out at night but prefer bars instead of clubs and especially like bars where we can listen to English music, maybe a bit of a disco and karaoke or even live acts etc. Fun pubs I suppose. Is there an area with these kind of places in PDC or should we just go to PDLA in Tenerife instead?

Also we've been looking at all inclusive as we're worried how much drinks and food are in PDC, any advise would be greatly received! We're happy to go self catering if it won't break the bank doing so!

TIA Jake!

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
11 replies to this topic
HGL
Almeria Spain
Level Contributor
595 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking for November

At this late stage you can't be picky - you take what you can get, knowing that most people will have booked a year ago.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,974 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking for November

Would try O’Reillys , they have a very good resident band ( The Chancers ) also the Island bar in the Old Town , get there early as gets very busy , closed Thursday

Ruta66. Is good , as is the American Indian , and the Tequilla Lounge , the Africa Bar , and the Big Easy , most on the strip / beach road all have bands

For more ideas , use the search engine immediately above your original post , as the subject does come up regularly , and I’m sure I’ve missed a good many places , enjoy

Edited: 1:37 am, October 16, 2017
Mentioned in this post
American Indian Cafe
American Indian Cafe
1,863 Reviews
Lanzarote, Spain
Africa Bar
Africa Bar
458 Reviews
Lanzarote, Spain
The Big Easy
The Big Easy
527 Reviews
Lanzarote, Spain
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
8,430 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking for November

pDC offers what you are looking for in terms of entertainment, and food and drink prices are pretty reasonable, so no need to book AI unless you find an exceptionally good deal.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,016 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking for November

You won't spend all your time in the hotel so you're bound to miss meals so rather than paying for those meals twice then don't bother with it. Some hotels do a basic breakfast buffet but an English breakfast mostly starts at €2.50+ but averages about €3.50 for a Mini Breakfast. Do not be worried about food and drinks prices.

Food and drink are very reasonable on the Island. It is one of the reasons I choose Lanzarote once or twice a year.

I assume by English music you mean "Music from the Western World" or that spoken in English at least otherwise I doubt you'll find that very very specific bar. There's actually few clubs on the Island and if you want a late bar you'll get one. Most places are open late.

Have you even book somewhere to stay? I'd get on that straight away.

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Scotland
Level Contributor
217 posts
487 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking for November

I can't comment on Tenerife as since we discovered Lanzarote we haven't been back to Tenerife. PDC has an enormous choice of bars with all sorts of entertainment including live acts and Kareoke. I'm not sure what 'English music' is though. The restaurant choice is amazing and you can certainly eat and drink without breaking the bank as you will see great deals all the way along the 'strip' including a breakfast for €1.99 which we had in August. I would definitely recommend self catering and not tie yourself to a hotel.

We're back in Lanzarote next week and can't wait.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
634 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking for November

I think Puerto del Carmen will suit you. Mainly restaurants and bars.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Del Carmen
Puerto Del Carmen
Lanzarote, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,766 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking for November

It is our first time too and we will be in Puerto del Carmen in November, we saw some good deals half-board with hotels, but the reviews were always a mixed bag with regard to the food, thing is we went half board to Torremolinos earlier in the year but the food at dinner was so bad we ended up eating out anyway. So we have booked s/c and are going to eat out for lunch and dinner, breakfast for us is only ever toast and coffee anyway.

And we can venture much further afield without having to get back for dinner.

x

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Del Carmen
Puerto Del Carmen
Lanzarote, Spain
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
Wirral
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking for November

S/c to us is a much better option as there is an abundance of places to eat and drink at great prices. You can eat as cheap or as dear as you want. We’ll be back again in December just love the place. It’s a great value for money resort. Enjoy your holiday everyone.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking for November

Thanks for all your advice guys. Wasn't able to book it in the end as I'm getting a new job and have an important medical right in the middle of when we were going to go.

We are going to book for April time instead just before I start my new role! :-)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking for November

Now you have more time to book, have a look at Playamar apartments - ideal location and very good.

Reply to: Booking for November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen