We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to shaolin temple from zhengzhou via dengfeng [stay]

Brisbane, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
travel to shaolin temple from zhengzhou via dengfeng [stay]

Hi.

Catching the train to zhengzhou so as to visit the Shaolin temple for a day and then staying in Dengfeng overnight. Any advice on transport in this region? I have read there is a long distance bus that goes from Zhengzhou to Dengfeng but I can't find a timetable anywhere or how to book a return journey. A discussion of all transport options and costs [eg cost of a private driver, difficulty or otherwise getting a taxi...particularly returning from the Shaolin temple ] in this area would be very helpful. Cheers.

3 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to shaolin temple from zhengzhou via dengfeng [stay]

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction ? I can't find a timetable anywhere. I'm now travelling out of the region by plane, so need to know how to get from Dengfeng to the Zhengzhou airport. Any advice much appreciated

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel to shaolin temple from zhengzhou via dengfeng [stay]

What's your previous and next stops in China? Where do you start your China trip where end? Now the train schedule has greatly changed, just add more context.

Zhengzhou, China
Level Contributor
121 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel to shaolin temple from zhengzhou via dengfeng [stay]

if u can't speak good Chinese. i don't suggest u go to shaolin by public bus. i suggest u go there by hiring a car. or join in a travelling group.

Reply to: travel to shaolin temple from zhengzhou via dengfeng [stay]
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dengfeng