We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little lotta cottage

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Little lotta cottage

My Wife’s enquiry was for 2 nights. Her subsequent booking was for one night.

You then advised her she had lost the booking because you had accepted other guests owing to her payment being several hours late. ( Standard Bank was off line, which we accept as our problem, not yours)

You then offered to refund R550 less R55 admin fee.

My wife thought this was cheeky. She did not say you were cheeky. This comment would not entitle you to withhold money due whether you misconstrued it or not.

We understand subsequently, although this was never explained by you, that you will have had to pay a booking fee to the agent and whilst she is sorry to lose this money she can accept it as a fair recompense for your loss and therefore not “a cheeky charge”.

We expect the refund of R495 without delay and fail to understand why you should want to charge her a fee when you cancelled because you had a replacement booking.

Had my wife not paid at all you would have had no recourse. It is only because of her fair dealing that you can at least claim your loss of the booking fee. R55. You have incurred no other loss attributable to my wife.

I would appreciate it if you would take the easy and reasonable way out and refund the money as offered in your email 28th March.

Please don’t let this escalate this further than necessary.

Nick Brown

I have no further comment from Little lotta. I wonder if this the usual way of dealing with clients in Caledon. We have stayed in B&B and other accomodation across RSA for over 20 years and have never had a probem such as this.

1 reply
Caledon, Western...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Little lotta cottage

Good day

Trust you are well.

Please refer to our email conversations. The explanations are all clear.

We understand your concern, but also request you to understand the SMME hospitality environment.

Regards

Little Lotta Cottage

Reply to: Little lotta cottage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Caledon
Recent Conversations