We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on accom please

Level Contributor
512 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
advice on accom please

Really need some help please!

After all advice we finally booked to stay at Koh Yao Island Resort in May, but since booking i've been reading that the resort seems to be going down hill? Green Slimy Pool, Dirty Beach, Rude Staff & lots of noisy construction going on all hours of the day.

Also seems the the prices are dropping significantly too, price we were quoted for a beach bungalow is now available through Sawadee for about £30 less per night. We were quoted £1500 for our 2 week stay (accom only with breakfast) - which now seems VERY expensive if what i'm reading is true.

So I'm trying to decide if we should stay there or change to elsewhere, plus due to change in circs our budget is less.

We want a quiet beachfront location, bungalow accommodation, clean beach & calm sea.

When we started looking originally a few people also suggested Khao Lak as an option?

I have also looked at Baan Taranya Resort & it seems nice, but apparently the sea is dirty there?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, 2 adults & a 3 year old, staying for 14 nights, not wanting to pay any more than £1000

Many thanks in advance

Kashmir, India
Level Contributor
266 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice on accom please

Hi there. I came across your post and I'd like to try to help. I stayed at Tha Khao Bungalows in Koh Yao Noi for about $37-40 a day (1,200 THB) with no breakfast. There were four of us in one bungalow, beach front and very quiet. We rented a moped from the owner for about $10/day. It was a simple, comfortable bungalow. You might wanna look.

Mol, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice on accom please

Hi, we were in Koh Yao Noi in November and stayed at Suntisook for 3 nights. It has 8 separate bungalows starting from 1200 to 2400 bath( breakfast is not included), but you have several choices every morning.

It's a family run business with nice and cheap food. The family is very helpfull and are used to have couples with children in their bungalow park. You have stunning views from the resort into the Phang Nga Bay. They rent motorcycles and can help you organise boattrips,kayaking etc.The beach is not really swimmable because of the shallow water.

If you want to make a reservation this is the email adress of the son Mr. K : krisada rerngkit [rerngkit@yahoo.com]. you can also find them on Tripadvisor and Facebook, so you can see some pictures.

They have no website.

3. Re: advice on accom please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 18, 2014
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question