We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which airline

Which Watamu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london, england
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
which airline

Hi, after 4 years of travelling to Nairobi using Virgin Airways we have found out that Virgin are no longer flying to Kenya. We are very disappointed as have had fantastic journeys with them. We are now not sure which is going to be our best option. We stay in Watamu several times a year so could fly either to Nairobi and then on to Malindi or we could go to Mombasa and then drive to Watamu. Does anyone have some good advice on this regarding different airlines?? Thanks

Near London
Level Contributor
119 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: which airline

Personally I generally try to avoid BA but I have to travel regularly on business and sometimes I can't avoid flying BA (LHR-Moscow is BA or Aeroflot) especially since BA took over BMI. I find the attitude of the cabin crew is often poor and on shorter flights their claim of being a full service airline is a joke due to their penny pinching (a packet of crisps on a 3 hour flight is not exactly a meal). When flying to Kenya, I have always preferred KQ and I know some people say their safety standards are not good but it is not that bad when you look at the hours flown and the standard of some of the airports they operate out of. It is personal choice but in my opinion, the only redeeming feature of BA is T5 which is a fantastic terminal.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: which airline

We flew MBA-NBO with KQ & were very impressed with both the comfort of the Embraer 190 & the friendly attitude of the crew. I haven't flown long haul on KQ so can't comment. As a BA card holder I always fly with them because our annual flights to CPT & NBO are reward flights so obviously it makes sense.

I totally agree that T-5 is a revelation, it really shows up the rest of LHR, & as for NBO..............................???

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: which airline

I second nic's previous post. I've just returned from several weeks' travel, all with BA and all flights absolutely superb - impeccable safety briefings, great crews, good food, no delays, clean and smart cabin interiors and good IFE. I had only switched to EK in recent years because of the cost difference. When someone else is paying, it's BA all the way - especially as they have a Premium Economy cabin and EK don't :-)

Edited: 3:24 am, October 01, 2012
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: which airline

just returned with kenya to heathrow, old planes to and from nairobi no tvs working and lights could not be switched off above you , have complained to virgin who we booked with depending on price difference it would be worth travelling with ba if the difference wasnt too much

Bize-Minervois...
Level Contributor
437 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: which airline

KQ every time for me

Boston...
Level Contributor
203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: which airline

We've flown BA from KHR to NBO numerous times and have always had a very good experience.

27. Re: which airline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Watamu