We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airlines/charitable donations

Which Watamu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorks
Level Contributor
366 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
airlines/charitable donations

hi, Just asking round for advice

we are trying to get some sun creams/hats to some children in Watamu,Kenya

Does any one know of any airlines that transport charitable goods free or even cheaper?

I know there are some people on this forum that are involved in some of the charities, etc in Watamu

I know its also a long shot (with expensive luggage allowances, etc) but is any one travelling that would be willing to help out?

Thanks

Lisa

wirral
Level Contributor
289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airlines/charitable donations

HI THERE

you can get in touch with the airline you are flying with and they will be able to help you

FC have given me an extra 10kg for charity luggage which i will be taking out in november

you will have to give them a charity number

hopes this helps

ann

yorks
Level Contributor
366 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airlines/charitable donations

thanks Ann, but unfortunately Im not travelling, I know some airlines do this, but not sure on score if Im not travelling

Lisa

wirral
Level Contributor
289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airlines/charitable donations

i dont think the airlines will take iif you are not travelling your best bet is to see if someone can take it for you

i would help you but i am fully loaded with stuff to take out for the lioness cubs home

hope you can find someone that can help you

ann

Kenya
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: airlines/charitable donations

The only way is absolutely to have all your documentation for the charity mission delivery. There MUST be a prove and GOOD LUCK in your undertaking of helping the less fortunate in the society and welcome to our land of safari and beach holiday, Kenya. Please extend your generosity to other part of the globe.

5. Re: airlines/charitable donations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 24, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Watamu