We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with two questions please ?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help with two questions please ?

Hi Already booked to return to turtle bay next feb 2011 , weather was fab , sea beautiful in feb , wanting to return again the next year 2012 but i'm pretty sure thats the elections so thinking maybe putting it off untill the october , but what is the weather like that time of year and also the ocean, seaweed , tide etc ? have only been feb time so please help ,i have to think this far ahead beacause of funding the trip for myself and kids as i am a lone parent . thank you so much to who ever replies .

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with two questions please ?

Hi,

just wanted to say its certainly wise not thinking about 2012 with the election. Good luck with your 2011 trip though.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with two questions please ?

Yes thinking of changing from the feb to october that year , just wanted to know about weather ect that time of year :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with two questions please ?

The elections are scheduled for Dec 2012.

Richard

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
549 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with two questions please ?

We have travelled in October, November and February.

The weather in October & November is still very good, there is an occasional burst of rain on some days, but not that would stop you spending the day by the pool etc. (You might want to shelter in the bar for 10 mins though ;-) )

The sea temperature is not quite as warm in Oct/Nov as in Feb, but is still Indian Ocean temps, ie warm!

We did experience more seaweed when we travelled in October but again it didnt spoil our use of the sea each day, it's just a bit wierd walking through it to reach the clear water.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with two questions please ?

Thank you for your help :)

East Sussex
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with two questions please ?

We have lived in Watamu for six months of the year for the last 5 years. October is still very warm,I also love September a little cooler at night but who cares.

Now they have the new constitution I think that the elections should be trouble free,if only to make you feel at ease is we were there during and after the last elections and no one in Watamu seemed the slightest bit interested. The main areas of trouble centered in the Rift Valley and Nairobi slum areas there was even only small incidents in Mombasa.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with two questions please ?

As BatsyEastSussex has said that the forthcoming elections hopefully shiould be trouble free - but who knows - We were in Diani coast and I think they got the brung ot it with Ukunda being being burnt down - we were at the main shopping centre when it started and also with the GSU coming to Diani coast etc. I won't go into any more detail as I want to forget what happened to innocent friends' and people at the time. Certainly was a surprise to see a so called army walking along the beach at Diani with uniforms that did not match etc!!!!!!!

I am sure you will be ok in Feb 2011 and it won't deter us or myself going out in the spring.

We have always gone September for three or four weeks and have to agree it is a beautiful month for safari, water sports beach and anything else we may be up to - it goes too fast and then that dreaded journey home to the cold and dark in Scotland.

Edited: 7:14 am, August 06, 2010
8. Re: Help with two questions please ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:31 am, February 03, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Watamu