We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Genting Highlands & Batu Caves from Jalan Putra

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Going to Genting Highlands & Batu Caves from Jalan Putra

We are planning to visit KL soon , 4 Adults and 1 Infant , we want to go to Batu Caves and Genting Highlands on a 1 Day Trip and we are staying near Jalan Putra Area , can someone please suggest how we can go about it

Thanks a lot in Advance

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,249 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Genting Highlands & Batu Caves from Jalan Putra

If you want to try public transport instead of chartering a taxi:

1) Take the train from the Putra KTM Komuter station to the Batu Caves KTM Komuter station.

2) Visit Batu Caves.

3) Then take the train from Batu Caves KTM Komuter stain to KL Sentral. From there, take the Go Genting bus to Genting.

or

3) Take a taxi from Batu Caves to Terminal Putra LRT Gombak, and take the Go Genting bus from there to Genting.

www.gogenting.com.my/en/express/index.htm

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Genting Highlands & Batu Caves from Jalan Putra

Thanks Jadamros

Can you also suggest a Package like the Go Genting Express which we can use to visit both the places in a Day Trip.

Also the next day we are planning to go to Sunway Lagoon for a Day so can you also suggest how can we go from Jalan Putra to Sunway Lagoon.

Thanks a lot

Edited: 8:01 am, June 05, 2013
Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,763 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Genting Highlands & Batu Caves from Jalan Putra

Frankly, with an infant i would not recommend the caves. its just too stressful, tiring and hot.

Go to genting and sunway as planned. Genting is great weather and a great time to spend with family. Stay at least one night overnight

Edited: 11:59 am, June 05, 2013
Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,249 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Genting Highlands & Batu Caves from Jalan Putra

1) Not really a fan of package tours so I can't really recommend any for you. Besides if you google "Batu Caves Genting Day Tours", you will find most charge around RM200 per head which is expensive and in my opinion not worth it.

2) For Sunway, just take a taxi. It is a bit complicated if you want to attempt public transportation.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Genting Highlands & Batu Caves from Jalan Putra

Thanks Jadamros & Rainman

I will do the same :)

6. Re: Going to Genting Highlands & Batu Caves from Jalan Putra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 07, 2014