We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Genting to SIN - How many hours?

Which Genting Highlands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chennai
Level Contributor
579 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Genting to SIN - How many hours?

Hi,

If I take a bus from Genting at 11am, is it possible to reach Singapore by 7pm? My flight is at 9pm and I need to be at the airport by 7:30pm.

I'd like to stay optimistic but my travel agent says that traffic snarls and Immigration queues can delay the bus's entry to Singapore. Is that true?

R

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Genting to SIN - How many hours?

Yes, immigration queues are the worst at Woodlands checkpoint. Great if you have a singaporea/malaysian passport or Green card. But if you are a foreign national, they only have ONE single counter open usually for "other nationals" and the queue is usually long. Bad enough if you travel during rush hour 4 - 7pm when the whole Johor Bahru is jammed up plus the AYE in Singapore. Worst if you travel on Fridays and school holidays.

Try to take an earlier bus, maybe at 8am? you'll need about 6 hours to get to Johor and then cross the causeway and be at Singapore (dunno where they drop you, but I have a guess its somewhere near Kallang). From there you'll have to take a cab to the airport and keep your fingers crossed that the city and ECP is not jammed up.

chennai
Level Contributor
579 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Genting to SIN - How many hours?

Oh no that sounds like a nightmare. I think I will abandon my idea of staying in Gening and just buy a Go Genting Day Pass on Monday, come back to KL that night itself and get an early morning bus at Puduraya :)

BTW, does anybody know if the Go Genting pass (42 RM) connecting bus can be taken from Puduraya? The website says that the buses will be departing from Utama, KL Sentral and Pasarakat.

R

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Genting to SIN - How many hours?

Where are you staying? I always prefer to avoid Puduraya cause the place is a havoc. You can take any mrt to KL Sentral then board the bus. Pasar Rakyat is a bit far to walk in the sun from the Imbi mrt station or you can take the cab. Personally I prefer to go to KL sentral cause its nicer and cleaner.

4. Re: Genting to SIN - How many hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 07, 2009