We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Linea to Barcelona - travel options

Auckland
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
La Linea to Barcelona - travel options

My niece has been living in La Linea for a few months, and I am travelling to see her. We hoped that she would could make her way to meet me in Barcelona, and we would then travel together back to La Linea.

What is the quickest way for her to get from La Linea to Barcelona (and for us to make the return trip)?

Also, after La Linea, I need to make my way back to Paris for my flight back to NZ, is the British Airways flight Gibraltar-Heathrow-Paris the most convenient option?

I would be grateful for any advice offered, thanks.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,887 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Linea to Barcelona - travel options

Well I am not a travel agent but maybe the answer depends a bit on budget. Anyway firstly look at options for flights out of Gibraltar. As you will already have discovered getting to Barcelona is not an option. So which is the nearest/most convenient airport to get from La Linea to Barcelona? I think that Malaga is possibly the best although getting up to Seville may also be a contender.

Taking a bus to Malaga airport from La Linea is quite easy and may involve changing at Marbella bus terminal for the onward direct bus to the airport. See http://www.avanzabus.com

Maybe a bus up to Seville is better depending on flight possibilities? Best to take the bus around to Algeciras and then take the LINESUR.com bus up to Seville ?

Airline options include Vueling and others but refer to www.skyscanner.net ?

Then getting back and onward to Paris is really Malaga or maybe Seville. Again look at options on Skyscanner. Use of bus journeys a definite.

Edited: 5:07 pm, May 21, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,777 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Linea to Barcelona - travel options

Flights Seville or Malaga to Barcelona www.vueling.com

www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com

www.venere.com

Auckland
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Linea to Barcelona - travel options

Excellent - thank you for your advice. I think we have it sussed now.

4. Re: La Linea to Barcelona - travel options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 29, 2012