We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus service from La Linea to Malaga

Pacific Northwest
Level Contributor
20 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Bus service from La Linea to Malaga

I've been trying to find out if there is reliable bus service from La Linea to Malaga. Looking on Portillo's bus schedule shows an ALSA bus that departs La Linea at 16:30 and arriving 3 hours later in Malaga but I've not been able to verify this with either Portillo or ALSA nor find the bus fare.

If a bus doesn't run between the two cities is there a bus from La Linea to Algeciras and then to either Malaga or [preferred] Granada? My ultimate goal is to reach Granada but the bus system doesn't seem to want to cooperate. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or information. :)

Estepona...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus service from La Linea to Malaga

It would take around two hours to drive it, maybe three if you are not used to the road, which are mental in summertime filled with families going home to Morocco with furniture balanced sky high on badly behaved vans, plus hire car tourists who just can't deal with the fast sliproads and tend to either slow down and hesitate or go really suicidal on them. Buses are SLOW. So probably three hours on a bus, and you may have to change at Estepona or Marbella, or both.Buses stop early from La Linea too, and are few and far between with a huge gap in siesta. It costs about 20 Euros depending on what route you get. Unless you are really lucky and you get a direct bus which comes from Algeciras through to Malaga train station. Then two. But the taxi would cost around 150 Euros at least. It's a long way, about 130 miles. To be quick, I would hire a taxi to Estepona from the Spain side of the border and get the bus to Malaga from there, which would be about 55 Euros, then the bus is around 10 Euros to Malaga one way, or if there are no directs, you can get the bus to Marbella and change (You have to buy a ticket for that part in Marbella.) Always try to catch "Directo" or "Semi-Directo", never "Ruta" which is all around the houses, hills, vales and seas and in summer is a complete hell like no other.

Edited: 6:20 pm, July 26, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bus service from La Linea to Malaga

I am trying to go from Malaga to Gibralatar as a day trip 30/01/2013.

I have tried several suggestions to no avail. I cannot find a bus that is operating this route.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bus service from La Linea to Malaga

Does the hotel Asur Gibralter have a shuttle or transport to the Airport /train station in Malaga. Can't find ther email address.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,560 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bus service from La Linea to Malaga

The short answer is no. The ASUR hotel in Campo de Gibraltar is in La Linea de la Concepcion, Spain, and within minutes walking of the bus station of that name. This may help

avanzabus.com/web/archivos/base/File/Horario…

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bus service from La Linea to Malaga

Advice please is it better to book train or flights from La linear to Barcelona from the uk or from Lalinear.Ty spike 279

thank you Cadiz very helpful answer.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,560 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bus service from La Linea to Malaga

spike -- I assume that you are going from La Linea de la Concepcion to Barcelona. So you plan to get to Malaga airport first by bus. Then take a plane to Barcelona ? You can also take a train from Malaga station to Barcelona.

If you take a plane then you have a choice of airlines so best to check in UK for best one. I use www.skyscanner.net as a first point of reference.

If by train then you can search for prices etc online in UK but first try to read the notes about buying train tickets on Spanish Railways

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bus service from La Linea to Malaga

Thank you again Cadiz for your help.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Bus service from La Linea to Malaga

Trying to fund overnight sleeper train from Malaga to Barcelona anyone help me thank you.

Sotogrande, Spain
Level Contributor
28 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Bus service from La Linea to Malaga

Hi I use the same taxi guy all the time and its costs me £80 from Malaga to gibralta and takes 1hr15

Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Bus service from La Linea to Malaga

Hi,

Anyone know how much a taxi is from La Linea to Malaga Airpor? Have to catch a flight at 12.10 midday, any other suggestions on how to get there on time, have to check in 2 hours before so 10 in morning. There is bus going from La Linea to Malaga at 7 which take 3 hours and them I would have to take another bus to airport. Any train routes?