We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall

When will the Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall really open?

United States
Level Contributor
13,413 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall

The telephone number for the hotel in Jamaica is (876) 953-2800. They may be able to answer this question.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,694 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall

Take whatever day they announce and add a month....

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
34 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall

Well, they originally had announced November 1 for the opening date, which later got moved to November 23...where it currently sits, although rumor has it opening December 5. Which date should we be adding a month to?

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,694 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall

Right now, the last one....

Opening dates for most resorts never seem to happen when they are posted. And if they do, it always seems to be a soft open.

Sorry to all of you that already have reservations for this resort, but this isn't anything new and it's not the first resort that has missed it's opening date.

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
656 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall

the issue is no one giving us notice. They're supposedly 4 days away from opening and no one from Hyatt has given anyone an answer.

Dover, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall

I called them on Monday as I have reservations in December. The gentleman who I spoke with said they are still on schedule to open this Sunday (the 23rd).

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall

In June 2014, I booked the Zilara for 12/26-1/2 with passport gold points. Obviously, the rumored additional delays are concerning. I did speak with Hyatt Passport services just now, who were adamant regarding the openings of both properties on 11/23. A supervisor did take over my call when I requested additional details, however, confirmed the same information. She further advised that if there were additional delay from the hotel, Hyatt services would certainly have been notified by now, considering the short time frame to the opening. At least there are just days to wait to confirm whether this indeed does happen! Fingers crossed! :)

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
34 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall

I spoke with Hyatt services last night too who said 11/23 and they were quite rude when I demanded to kbow what the back up plan is for consumers should they not be able to honor reservations after people have booked non refundable flight. They had no answer to that and didn't like being asked clearly.

Also talked to the front desk at the hotel just now who came right out and said sales was in a meeting but when they come back after 1 pm he expects they will be providing a pushed back opening date.

On a side note, also talked to playa real resorts last night (the owner) and they also said 11/23

If Hyatt moves the date...fine...more power to them but they need to have an acceptable back up and reimbursement plan for the customers and start telling us! I mean geez...opening is 4 days away!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall

They are NOT opening on 11/23, just confirmed by the hotel directly. They are experiencing "technical difficulties" and no new date has been determined. They will be contacting travelers individually as affected by the delay. Allegedly, sales and marketing will be delivering those blows.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall

Thank you so much for posting your message. We had reservations at Hyatt Zilara from November 25 - November 30. We had a package with Expedia and after reading your email we got in touch with them and changed to another hotel. Hyatt Zilara is not opening until at least December 10. We needed to rebook as we would have had to still pay for most of our air. We have to thank Melissa who takes care of problems at Expedia for helping us find a comparable package at the same price. We would never book a Hyatt room again after this experience.

Get answers to your questions about Rose Hall