We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Rose Hall with an 18 month old - advice & tips please

Stevenage
Level Contributor
213 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Rose Hall with an 18 month old - advice & tips please

Hello,

We're going to Hilton Rose Hall in June with our 18 month old son. Can anyone give us any tips & advice please? Are there plenty of highchairs? Is there suitable food? Are there plenty of travel cots etc?

Thanks in advance,

Louise.

Rochester, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Rose Hall with an 18 month old - advice & tips please

We stayed there two years ago with our kids 8 & 9 at the time, there were lots if families with youngsters in the age you stated and, I cannot comment on the cots but did see some high chairs. We are heading back this December with a 1 year old so I will be curious to see if anyone comments on the travel cots.

Stevenage
Level Contributor
213 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Rose Hall with an 18 month old - advice & tips please

Thanks, I'll let you know how we find it so you know what to expect :-)

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Rose Hall with an 18 month old - advice & tips please

Louise- I was just checking to see if you have traveled yet. I wish you safe travels if not. Please update us on your trip. I am counting the days down until we are there.

NY
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Rose Hall with an 18 month old - advice & tips please

Will look forward to your review.. can you comment on the size of the beach (enough area for kids to play in sand) and also which rooms would be the most convenient to waterpark and pool? If there is a place to inflate your own tubes? Have a great trip!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Rose Hall with an 18 month old - advice & tips please

I am traveling there in early Sept with a 20 month old. So am I curious as well to see what they all provide. I do know that they do have babysitting for $12 an hr.

Stevenage
Level Contributor
213 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Rose Hall with an 18 month old - advice & tips please

Hello,

We've been back just under a week now & have taken time out from the washing to let you guys know how it went!

Ok, so our room was overlooking the golf course, whilst this was quiet it was quite a way to the pools so when we next go we'll ask for a room on the east side, over looking the water park - I think that's the east side so just double check if you're going to request it.

They provided a proper cot on wheels, not a travel cot, although I couldn't find a lock for the wheels my son didn't work out how to move it! It was quite hard so I put towels underneath the sheet. I took my own sheets as well. There was plenty of room with the cot in the room although we only had the one bed. The air con makes the room quite cold so he slept in a long sleeved & legged baby grow with a summer sleeping bag.

Food was fine for my son, they have a children's section although this is usually spaghetti, tomato sauce & chicken nuggets. We managed to make up meals from the buffet. We took some little Tupperware pots with us too & a little cool bag so took fruit in the morning & lunchtime for his snacks & also for when we made sandwiches up when we went off resort. There are plenty of highchairs in the restaurants & the staff are fab with the kids, we just made sure we had plenty of videos & apps on the iPad to make sure we could eat!

There were plenty of sun beds but obv the ones with the umbrellas went first. Although you're not meant to everyone goes out early to reserve beds - we went at about 7-15/7-30 & managed to get beds no problem. The beach is fine for kids, a little smaller than what you'd expect from Jamaica but if you go to the watersports end there's plenty of room.

I think that's everything but if you need to know anything else please as .

Have a fab time, wish I was back there!

Stevenage
Level Contributor
213 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Rose Hall with an 18 month old - advice & tips please

One other thing i have remembered - the bottom & sides of the pools are very rough to the point we grazed ourselves so take some water shoes/socks.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Rose Hall with an 18 month old - advice & tips please

Did you bring a float for the little one? I am planning on bringing one and wanted to make sure I could use it. Also did you have any trouble getting milk for your little one? Did you use the babysitting at all? Also did you take any beach toys with you or do they supply them there?

Thanks,

Stacy

Edited: 11:09 am, July 16, 2014
Stevenage
Level Contributor
213 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton Rose Hall with an 18 month old - advice & tips please

Hiya,

We took a float that he could sit in - he was happy going around the lazy river in that. He also had arm bands & a life vest thing. We didn't took some beach/pool toys with us, although they have plenty in the shop if you don't want to take them with you but you'll pay inflated prices for them.

We took milk with us, even though he's now on cows milk I was worried about whether we could get it or not so just too cartons for the morning & evening. That said, all of the staff kept asking if we needed milk & how we were getting it so I'm sure if you didn't want to take it then they'd be more than happy to get it for you.

We didn't use the babysitting, to be honest by the time we'd got up early & had a day by the pool we were happy to go to bed early!

Any questions, let me know - wish I was going back!!

10. Re: Hilton Rose Hall with an 18 month old - advice & tips please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 16, 2015