We are group of three couples in the 30-40 age range. My husband and I have been to Couples Swept Away in Negril and Excellence Playa Mujeres in Mexico. We loved both for different reasons. We have decided to take a group trip. One couple has never been out of the country and has some general concerns about Mexico (although we have reassured them that it is safe). The other couple is a member of time share community and would prefer to use a resort underneath that umbrella. Secrets is one of the brands underneath the umbrella. We are easy to please and want to make everyone happy since this is a lot of money. Our only request is for an adults only resort. So I have a couple questions regarding SWO and SSJ:
1. The resorts look beautiful, but I'm concerned as to why it isn't ranked higher? Iberostar has great reviews (although it looks cold with too much marble in my opinion). Is there a consensus why?
2. How is the nightlife and entertainment team? Do they have a daily list of activities?
3. Would you recommend another Secrets resort (other than Mexico)? I guess that only leave Royal Beach.
4. Is there anything about Secrets that sets it apart from other resorts in Jamaica?
6. Lastly, what stance has Secrets taken on the nicotine smoking ban?
Thank you for all your help!