We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

room upgrade

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
weston, wisconsin
Level Contributor
41 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
room upgrade

We are in a garden view at the Iberostar beach. Is it worth the upgrade to the ocean view, ocean front or ocean front suites?

IA
Level Contributor
871 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: room upgrade

I would say upgrading is only worth it if it is something you enjoy. My wife and I always pay for the oceanfront room as we like to wake up looking at the ocean and fall asleep listening to it. A lot of people dont see the value in the added cost. I see their point as well as you are only in the room a limited amount time. My personal opinion is if you have never had it you dont know what you are missing.

When we used to cruise, we started with an inside room. We then went to a window room. Finally we did a balcony. I would never cruise again without one.

Matt

weston, wisconsin
Level Contributor
41 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: room upgrade

Thanks! We usually do ocean view or ocean front and I do think I would really miss it. Thanks for your input.

IA
Level Contributor
871 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: room upgrade

one last thing, kind of depends on the resort as well. Be careful on purchasing oceanview. The resorts opinion and yours may be different. Try to get a resort map and request a specific building or location.

We are going to the new Riu Palace. We are doing oceanfront. I picked from looking at early resort pictures showing the building being a square U shape. Assuming the inside of the U being the "view" rooms. From the reviews posted since it opened that appears to be true and for a lot of the rooms the "view" is if you are hanging over the patio.

Matt

weston, wisconsin
Level Contributor
41 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: room upgrade

I considered the new Riu and choose the Iberostar instead I wonder if I should switch? The difference in cost is not that much. When are you going? We are not going until the end of March.

IA
Level Contributor
871 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: room upgrade

We are going I end of Jan. I will do a trip report and post a few times while there.

Matt

6. Re: room upgrade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 07, 2015