We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shade concerns on Beach at IGRH

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rhode Island
Level Contributor
42 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Shade concerns on Beach at IGRH

Just curious about shade on the Beach at The Grande, as its very important. Will our Butler reserve a spot on the beach for you as they do at Sandals if asked?(and tipped) We are usually on the Beach by 9:30 latest. The Umbrellas appear to be grouped all together. Is that the case or can you move them around a bit. Also does anyone know of someone to get fresh Aloe from while there? Thx so much in advance for any input! : )

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
42 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shade concerns on Beach at IGRH

I am aware of that. I don't have a clue as to why you are being so mean spirited to me about a subject that clearly you don't understand or misunderstood. Thx anyway, I know my way around the Caribbean enough to know I don't need your kind of help. Wow.

Edited: 4:49 pm, December 16, 2013
Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shade concerns on Beach at IGRH

Wasn't trying to be mean. Was just making a statement and it wasn't necessarily direct at you.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
318 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Shade concerns on Beach at IGRH

JACjr - You should also make a point of using the spa pools. You don't need to book a spa treatment, the pool and jacuzzi areas are available to all Grand guests. There are several different kinds of jacuzzis/saunas/hot tubs in the men & women's areas and one community jacuzzi with different jets. It is a great spot to unwind during mid-afternoon when the strong UV rays are out or if you get sunburned.

new jersey
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Shade concerns on Beach at IGRH

You will be able to find shade on the beach and around the pools. They have a lot of loungers in the shade. I am usually out in the sun in the mornings and late afternoon, but if I am just hanging out in the middle of the day I do it in the shade.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
42 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Shade concerns on Beach at IGRH

Thank you so much, that is exactly what we do as well. I'm so looking forward to going and appreciate the kind reassurance! : )

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
42 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Shade concerns on Beach at IGRH

Am absolutely going to check out the Spa pools and splurge on a few treatments! A favorite way to spend some down time. Very much appreciate the suggestions and you taking the time to answer my questions, silly as they may have sounded. I understand the New Years Galla is quite fun as well, so looking forward to that too! Happy Holidays to all! : )

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
42 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Shade concerns on Beach at IGRH

Just in follow up on my own question. There absolutely is a problem with obtaining shade on the beach here. The towel game here is as bad as I've seen it in many other Caribbean resorts. To get a spot under a Palapa on the beach you needed to be down there by 8:00AM at the latest. They are also all connected so privacy is a bit of an issue as well. People were fighting over them as of course ones that were reserved often didn't show. For that amount of $$ all should have guaranteed shade. Oddly the most private part of the beach has no shade at all except for a few trees here or there. Fresh Aloe can be obtained by asking an employee or the vendors past the property line.

18. Re: Shade concerns on Beach at IGRH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 05, 2015