We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at IB Rose Hall Suites

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cherry Hill
Level Contributor
30 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Beach at IB Rose Hall Suites

What is it like? Is it shallow? Rocky? Unswimmable? How large is it?

Thank you!

Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at IB Rose Hall Suites

Bump ... I would like to know as well

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at IB Rose Hall Suites

The beach goes for about 1/2 mile and is shared between 3 properties, Iberostar Grand, Suites, and Beach. Very nice, not rocky, yes shallow out a good ways, and definitely swimmable, not real big waves.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at IB Rose Hall Suites

Great beach! Be careful of sea urchins. A girl stepped on one last year. I always wear water shoes.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach at IB Rose Hall Suites

The best part of the beach for the complex is along the IB Beach side. The Suites section is nice as well but as you get to the Grand section its very rocky.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
573 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach at IB Rose Hall Suites

There are man made reefs in the water - 3 of them, which run parallel to the beach - more or less in front of each of the 3 hotels. The reefs are about 80 to 100 feet from the shore. The rock reefs have enough fish and growth around them to make things interesting - and yes there are urchins in and around them so it's good to have a mask on so you can see before you place your feet down if you are close to them. Although they are man made reefs, there is life growing on and around them so snorkelers should be careful not to damage them with fins etc.

new jersey
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach at IB Rose Hall Suites

@Ja_home Where are all these rocks at in front of the Grand???

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
573 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach at IB Rose Hall Suites

If someone wants a photo from the air of the man made reefs, pm me with your emai address and I can send you one my husband took while para sailing - i

Edited: 8:27 pm, October 22, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach at IB Rose Hall Suites

If I am staying at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach hotel, can I go to the Suites side of the beach?

Essex, Vermont
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach at IB Rose Hall Suites

Unfortunately no, beach side can only access the beach facilities, the suites can access the suites and the beach facilities, and the grand can access them all..... hope that helps :)

10. Re: Beach at IB Rose Hall Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 31, 2015