We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the water at Hilton Rose Hall

NJ
Level Contributor
278 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
How is the water at Hilton Rose Hall

Hi, thinking of a family vacation at the Hilton.

Family is concerned about the water. Is it clear or murky, and a lot of seaweed?

Thinking about June or July.

Thank You

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,678 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the water at Hilton Rose Hall

It is not crystal clear. More like water in Florida. If there are high winds or strong rains, sea grass will tear loose and wash ashore. We've been to the RHH four times and really like the place.

NJ
Level Contributor
278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the water at Hilton Rose Hall

cebakes, Thanks for your reply. Mrs. and I just returned from SRP Ocho Rios and would like to take whole family back to Jamaica. I'm not finicky about murky water but a few family members are and just want to see that turquoise water.

Being there 4 times states something. Decisions!

Thanks

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,678 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the water at Hilton Rose Hall

Have you considered Negril??

NJ
Level Contributor
278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the water at Hilton Rose Hall

Yes,The Mrs. and I have been to Negril. Stayed at the Riu Tropical Bay Palace. Awesome beaches and water.

Beaches is too expensive at this time for us. Will have to try and do more research, have time being it's next June or July.

Still considering RHH as it seems there's a lot of activities for my Grandson.

I like the look of RHH personally.

Thanks

Wyoming
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How is the water at Hilton Rose Hall

If the beach and crystal clear water are top priorities, then I would look at Negril, too. That said, if keeping your grandson is the top priority, then RHH would be an excellent choice. Plenty for him to do with a nice water park, too.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,714 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How is the water at Hilton Rose Hall

TRIP...don't forget your SSG points, and any special triple or double point promos when looking at Beaches. You never know...it might bring the price into budget!

NJ
Level Contributor
278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How is the water at Hilton Rose Hall

Hi travelpair, we'd like to go to Beaches esp. T&C but a little too costly right now to bring the whole family.

However we're still working on a Beaches trip, maybe Negril or Ocho. Have to weigh out the family vacation times and take it from there.

Thanks much, appreciate it.

8. Re: How is the water at Hilton Rose Hall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 13, 2014