We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
northern ireland
Level Contributor
159 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

Hi,

Can you tell me the etiquette for tipping at the Grand Rose Hall? How much should you tip? Should you leave a tip for the cleaner every day?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

69 replies to this topic
PA
Level Contributor
845 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

Vacationer028 - We will try the Ideal Couple show. Thanks for the info. I don't like the "basic" shows, I like something that is more enjoyable and I think I will enjoy this show.

We are in Central PA. Pitts is closer for us, but they do not have direct flights to Jamaica, so we drive to BWI.

Kim

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

Tip what you are comfortable with tipping. I personally do not see the point in spending a small fortune on an all inclusive and then having to pay for the service. I'll not be tipping much if at all. Some of the Americans just seem to go OTT. The staff do not expect tips from what I have read.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

Tips are well earned and appreciated.

Westminster...
Level Contributor
209 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

I have a couple friends visiting Iberostar grand and they have butler service. I was under the impression you would tip your butler at the end of the trip. With that said they are staying for 4 nights in May. Do you think $80 total in acceptable for a good butler. I don't think they'll use them a ton, but I thought $80 would be a good number for 4 nights regardless if it's one or two butler team.

canada
Level Contributor
686 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

flyinburrito, that would be absolutely ludicrous to tip a butler 80 bucks for a 4 nights stay while not using him much at all! This kind of trend would expect a butler to receive a higher tip in general from other guests. If my butler travelled to Negril from the IBGRH to bring back my camera that I had left their and picked me up a bottle of Don Julio, ran a rose peddled bubble bath, left a bottle of Champagne & chocolates, then I'd leave him an 80 buck tip!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

Do you guys even tip the pilot for getting you there? lol.

London, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

@Garry spoken like a true Brit lol

I'm not staying at the Grand but we are staying at Half Moon. We tipped generously while we were there last year, not just money either but clothes. I had a lot of stuff that I just wasn't going to wear so I gave some of my dresses to the staff, my mum did too. Suffice to say we were looked after very well.

The British seem to have such a bad rep for not tipping; I realise it's not really in our culture to do so but some staff are so poorly paid I feel bad for not giving a little extra. Saying this I can fully understand those that work hard to go to their chosen holiday destination and that money may not stretch to tipping everyone.

Edited: 6:01 am, April 20, 2014
Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

"Do you guys even tip the pilot for getting you there? lol." They are well paid by their airline with hefty benefits, unlike the workers at the resort. We get you dont like to tip, but you are coming off as cheap.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

The minimum wage in Jamaica is about 60.00 US a week(6 days a week, 14hr days). So a dollar or two here or there goes along way. They have lots of US money at the front desk. We took 100 - ones and some fives and tens for tipping. We did get more ones when we ran out at the front desk without issue.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?

Some workers at the Iberostar are in training and not getting paid. This practice is common at a number of hotels.

Reply to: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Tipping question?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted