We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand RH - question about the "towel game"

Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand RH - question about the "towel game"

We are planning a trip to Iberostar Grand RH in May. This will be our third time to MB - first time at this resort. Would you please let me know how the towel game is played here? Do I have to get up before dawn to "reserve" a chair/umbrella? We stayed at Hilton RH our other two trips and I would appreciate any other advice and insights anyone would be willing to share.

Thanks!

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand RH - question about the "towel game"

We were there two weeks ago. Second trip. We were there before in Oct.2009. Occupancy was quite high in Feb. Went to b-fast each day at 7:30 then went to the beach. There was a fair amount of chair saving, but we had no issues. If you are an early riser and going in May, you should not have big issues.

Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand RH - question about the "towel game"

Thank you so much for the reply!

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand RH - question about the "towel game"

Keep in mind that each week a different clientle arrives and will change. We were in Turks one year and at 5am you had to get up to get a cabana by the pool. The day we left there were 3 available at 9am. Always depends one who is there so don't judge by what others have experienced only.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
966 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand RH - question about the "towel game"

Hi we were there in April 2011 and the towel game was an issue only because people were saving beds around the pool and n the beach,we observed one couple also have a cabana,Southey took six beds.

We are returning in late April,I had hoped the management would have sorted these issues by now,it infuriates me,we also noticed staff being paid to reserve beds

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
172 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand RH - question about the "towel game"

There is a security employee who walks around the pool area each morning. He or she will not allow anyone to reserve a chair before 7am....unless you sit in it. We got up one morning at 6:30 to watch the sunrise and placed our towels on the chairs to do this. We were then allowed to leave to go to the gym and breakfast at 7.

Keep in mind there are plenty of chairs.....just not enough ones near the main pool area that have shade. They need to put more umbrellas around. They do have lots of beds, but I don't find the beds comfortable to sit in all day...but like the chairs. Maybe that's just me.

If you want a shaded chair near the main pool, you will have to get up before 7 to be guaranteed one. If you're not fussy, you can get one anytime in a quiet area near the lobby.

6. Re: Iberostar Grand RH - question about the "towel game"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 13, 2014