We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best/Cheapest way from Airport to Rose Hall Resort & CC

ottawa
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best/Cheapest way from Airport to Rose Hall Resort & CC

Hi, are there shuttles? Grab a taxi? How much? Are some taxis safer than others...? Advice appreciated. Thanks, PH

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best/Cheapest way from Airport to Rose Hall Resort & CC

PokerBrat,

We've always had transfers to our hotel included. But I think you can go to the transportation desk and arrange a transfer.

When getting taxis out and about, look for ones with red plates. They are insured.

You can also ask about a route taxi if you don;t mind being crammed in on a local bus.

Enjoy!

I'm all in.

Level Contributor
1,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best/Cheapest way from Airport to Rose Hall Resort & CC

Depending on road conditions RHR is about 20 minutes from the airport; you can negotiate a fare with a taxi (and be on your way), or pay for a shuttle for tranfers (which is usually included in packages), some times you have to wait for shuttles to fill up. So, you have a choice, pay more for a taxi, or pay less for a shuttle (possible wait). I never took a taxi from MBJ to RHR but $30 US would be in the ballpark............dan

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
13 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best/Cheapest way from Airport to Rose Hall Resort & CC

if you need a driver let me know..my driver has a 15 passenger van and can accomodate you to anywhere you would like to go in jamaica for a very reasonable price. he will have bottled water for sure and most times a red stripe when he picks you up! very comfortable 20 minute drive!!let me know if i can be of further assistance

Lincoln RI 02865
Level Contributor
268 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best/Cheapest way from Airport to Rose Hall Resort & CC

taxis appox 15 dollars each way. Everything is safe.Eat at Palms &luna and seaside rest.Always avaiable see collin at luna , alfred at palms seaside, always no reservations.Main pool rosetta ask for.They will make your stay great ,remember you don't have to tip but if you do you will keep coming back.Chayim will get your chairs ,towels just ask.Tell them all Chris told you. You will be happy!

California
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best/Cheapest way from Airport to Rose Hall Resort & CC

Contact Delton 876 361 5752. Great Service. Reliable and inexpensive. Air Conditioned Van/Bus.

6. Re: Best/Cheapest way from Airport to Rose Hall Resort & CC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 25, 2009