We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Medicine Hat, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Can anyone tell me if the swim out suite are any good. Do they get sun? Is there booze service over there. Is there any perks one gets with this room?

11 replies to this topic
Medicine Hat, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

anyone. I checked ariel view of resort and can't see them on the map. Where are the located. Do they get sun most of the day or are they in the shade?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
12,424 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

In this satellite view ( wikimapia.org/…b ), my guess is that the swim-up rooms are on the far left of the left-most building. There are only 7 of them and if this is the location for the swim-up rooms, they do not seem to have a great ocean view.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
6,304 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Yes, they are on the far left. We stayed above one. Not much sun and not a great view. The view to the West from the room is poor. The land is undeveloped, full of scrub grass, weeds, crappy small trees-no palm trees, etc.

Edited: 7:29 am, August 06, 2017
Medicine Hat, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Sounds like a crappy room to pick and pay extra for.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

There seems to be pretty mixed reviews about the swim up rooms. Do you want a lot of privacy, if so, this is a good option for you. However, if you are like me and want to be where the action is, this room is not the best choice.

HartfordCt
Level Contributor
332 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Using the satellite view map shown above are the ocean front rooms just in the one building on the far left or are there also OF rooms in the building that that sticks out into the ocean the most?

People talk about building 5 and 6 for OF rooms, are they both part of the Grand or is one part of the Suites?

If someone that has stayed in a Grand OF please help me out.

Thanks

Maywood,New Jersey
Level Contributor
39 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

The grand (adults only) is building 5 and6. The swim out rooms face the west with no views. Also it's the passageway for he food carts. Noisy.

New York
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

We were there last year and stayed in an Ocean Front room. We were in the building that sticks out, as you say. Half of that building is the Grand and the other half is the Suites.

HartfordCt
Level Contributor
332 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

I think that means you were in building 5. Are all the ocean front rooms part of the Grand and looking at the ocean the rooms on the left side of that building are the Grand and the ones on the right are the Suites? Thanks for your help and reply.

New York
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

All the ocean front rooms were part of the Grand. The rooms facing the three pools (left side of building) are the Grand. The rooms facing the Suites are on the other side of the building. But you can go to the indoor pool which is really in the Suites from the Grand. I know this sounds confusing but after you do it once from the Grand you will figure it out. Entrance to the indoor pool is located in the Suites but the pool is really in the Grand!

Reply to: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rose Hall