We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Bahia?

Which Praia do Forte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberostar Bahia?

Hey, me and my boyfriend are just back from mexico and are keen to book another hol for next year, we have looked at the Iberostar Bahia and it looks beautiful. Just a few questions that i hope some of you could help with?

1. Iv read a couple of reviews and people where talking about having to stay in a different hotel once they got off the plane? does anyone know anything about this? (we'd be booking with first choice and flying from manchester)

2. Whats the weather like in july?

3. What sort of thing are there to do here? What is the nightlife like?

4. Can you leave your resort?

Hope you can help

Thanks

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Bahia?

Racheal, please take a look at some previous forum posts about the Iberostar where I'm sure all your questions have been addressed many times over.

London
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Bahia?

Racheal,

The other hotel that people talk about is ONLY if you are doing an included tour to Rio, as the charter flies into Salvador, you then have to fly down to Rio, but its the following day, so rather then taking you to a hotel a couple of hours away, you are transfered to a local hotel for the night.

July is one of the wettest months, however you can never be sure if you will have lots of rain or lots of sunshine, dont however book brazil in July if you just want to sit on a beach for two weeks or you will be disappointed.

Most of the local activities are based around the natural habitats and rain forest regions, you can also visit Salvador by guided tour or by taxi and of course while in Brazil its a must to visit Rio.

It is fine to leave the resort, you can walk down to Praia Do Forte, get taxi's to Imbassai, Arembepe etc.

Happy Travels

John

Scotland
Level Contributor
622 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Bahia?

I was there on the last 2 weeks of June 2008 and the weather was fine just a couple of showers and managed to get a great tan.

There is also a lovely golf course there if you are into golf.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Bahia?

Please note that July and August weather ican be quite different from June.

FIFE scotland
Level Contributor
350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Bahia?

HI Racheal,IB bahia is a fab hotel but is quite laid back and the nightlife consists of ane evening show with the Star friends and a small disco.I see you have been to Mexico (we have too and are returning in Oct).This hotel is quite isolated from the village about I hr walk along the beautiful beach or 5-10 mins in a taxi.The village is very safe and also very laid back.Nightlife there consists of restaurants and a few bars playing music (busier at weekends but July is Brazils winter so probably noy too busy).

We loved this hotel and the Iberostar chain (back to IB lindo soon.) Any more Qs just ask or PM me

Colette

6. Re: Iberostar Bahia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, October 05, 2009