We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help help help help please...

Which Praia do Forte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
help help help help please...

Hi ya,

I am taking my family at the Iberostar Bahia from the 12th of July for two weeks...

What the weather is like during this time of the year?

What the termperature is like?

Will be hot enought to go in the swimming pool?

My son is only 2 years old, will he be ok?

do you have any raccomandation for us?

Please if you have been there give me some tips...

oh... if you will be there.... we can have a nice drink...

Ciao ciao

NelloMonello

:)

Itacare
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: help help help help please...

Right now a cold spell is passing over the coast of Bahia and it is pissing down every day!

Take your son to see the turtle project he will love that.

When the sun shines it is very hot.

lets hope the rain passes and we have dry July!

London
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help help help help please...

Nello,

As your posting from London, you will never find Bahia 'Cold'.

As said, the turtle sanctuary in Praia Do Forte is well worth a visit, this is a short taxi ride away from the hotel and is very cheap.

The hotel also has a kids club, so if he likes mixing with others then he may enjoy the entertainments team there.

Most of the local tours are not really going to be a great idea with a 2 year old, but I guess if he is kept happy within the hotel, then you too will have a great time.

Happy Travels

John

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help help help help please...

Oh many thanks mate,

cannot wait to go and relax a bet...

Ciao

Nello

allythomas
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: help help help help please...

i am also goin on the 12th july i cant wait flying from gatwick im really worried that it is going to rain for the 2 weeks im there

Itacare
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: help help help help please...

Salvador is only an hour away, so their forecast is a good guide, doesnt look too bad.

…uol.com.br/previsaodotempo.html/…

You would be very unlucky to get two weeks of rain, maybe one though, it is after all mid winter in Bahia right now.

Millom, United...
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help help help help please...

I stayed there for 2 weeks late June early July in 2006 and out of 14 days it rained constantly for 10 days.

It was cold I had a cardi/sweater on almost every night.

In my opinion the British travel companies First choice etc have no business selling this area as a summer destination. Winter yes.

London
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help help help help please...

The destination is sold as a Tropical Holiday, you could easily have two weeks rain in Florida etc, the price the tour companies sell the holidays for are a tiny fraction of what they would normally cost. I myself have travelled to Brazil with First Choice and Independantly and am very grateful that the package deals that are available. (£750 2 weeks all inclusive compared to flight only for £900!!!!!)

It very rairly rains for 10 days solid and as for needing jumpers, at a constent 25-35 degrees you must really feel the cold, you cannot be sure of the weather anywhere, after all how many foreign visitors visted london last summer to be greated by flash floods!!!!!

If anyone wants a SUNNY holiday, then you should book a SUNNY destination from a SUMMER SUN holiday brochure, and leave the cultural and interesting areas to those that are actually interested in learning and experiencing new cultures whilst away!

Its a great thing that holiday companies are finally listening to those that want to visit new destinations and I hope that they continue to build a portfolio of adventurous places.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: help help help help please...

To characterize a vacation at such an isolated location as a "cultural and interesting" one where you can expect to be "learning and and experiencing new cultures" is also a deception, IMO. If a traveller wants to experience Brazil and learn about the culture, a location where one will mix only with other similar foreign tourists, and just the few locals who work for them, is not the best place for this.

For someone who wants sun and a true Brazilian experience, I would recommend staying in Salvador itself during the summer months (US/UK winter) when the music is at its height and the beaches are lively.

Scotland
Level Contributor
650 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help help help help please...

Just back from the Iberostar Bahia on 27th June was there for 2 weeks. Before i went I checked out the weather forecast and the forecast was for rain most of the time. However I need not have worried because the weather was great a couple of showers throught the night and on the Monday before we left it rained for about 4hrs in the morning. So do not pay too much attention to the forecasts you read. We all came home with a great tan.

David Marshall

Millom, United...
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help help help help please...

JohnSimp,

Firstly I feel that you are calling me a liar about that rain. I assure you that this happened!

Secondly... I saw the temperature displayed in Salvadore several times on a day out while dressed like a giant condom to keep the rain off. It was 18 degrees.

Thirdly, why is it that First Choice don't sell this destination in the European winter.