We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian - Iberostar Bahia

Berkshire,England
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarian - Iberostar Bahia

Hi

I'm considering going to Iberostar Bahia in June.

I can't eat red or white meat and wondered if they be able to accommodate my dietry needs here?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Bahia
Iberostar Bahia
5,206 Reviews
Praia do Forte, BA
Worldwide
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian - Iberostar Bahia

Youn will have no problems at the Iberostar, the main buffet is extensive to say the least and there is always freshly grilled fish at both lunch and dinner, the A La Carte restuarnats will also have no problem catering to your needs, one of the First Choice reps here last year was totally vegetarian and always had no issues eating at the hotel.

Please be aware though that as a whole Brazil is not particularly vegetarian friendly, in most places outside of the resorts if you ask for something without meat they bring you chicken as they don't consider chicken to be meat !!!

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian - Iberostar Bahia

Specifics of the hotel have been touched on here by former guests.

In most of Brazil, there are excellent "por kilo" buffets that always have a selection of vegetable dishes, in addition to the rice and beans that appear on almost every lunch and dinner menu. If your diet includes seafood, you will find excellent, (often minutes out of the sea) fresh fish, shrimp, lagosta, and even sushi,in Brazil.

But I think making your dietary needs clear is yet another reason to learn as much Portuguese as possible before your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarian - Iberostar Bahia

Hi Kate

In my experience, there is usually a Pasta station, in all Inclusive resorts where you can jusr have Pasta with Olive Oil & chese, or Pesto. As stated above Brazil is a more Carnivoristic society, even the beans usually contain meat for flavor- best to ask the resort about Veg options. Asa rule with Buffets, there is always a big selection of fruit, and usually a big selection of local vegatables.

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
4. Re: Vegetarian - Iberostar Bahia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 27, 2009