We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picture Framers

Paris, France
Level Contributor
750 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Picture Framers

Hi, the last time I was in Penang, I bought a beautiful oil painting. Iwanted to get it framed, but they charge outrageous prices here in Perth. I am thinking of taking the painting back with me in October to get framed. Is there anywhere that can be reccommended and also ok to bring back as I prefer a timber frame?

thanks and kind regards

Angela

Sydney
Level Contributor
143 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picture Framers

I'm sure you will find some around Georgetown. I have never tried any of them though.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picture Framers

I would try a search of the internet ...this may help you ... also being a timber frame you will need to declare it on your return to Australia at Customs ... and you could stand the chance of having it taken from you.. in this regard I would contact Customs to obtain their guidance

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
908 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Picture Framers

Midland mall (first floor) or Chulia street (near the intersection with Rope walk)

Framed pictures are difficult to transport by air. You will need to declare them as they are wood but as the frame will be polished wood it shouldn't be a problem.

Framing here is not expensive but it is not cheap. All in all I would probably do it back in Perth.

cheers

If you send me a pm with the dimensions I will look up some of my bills for framing and may be able to give you a better guide.

Edited: 4:57 am, September 08, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Picture Framers

please note librian2000 .. as you are aware .. we can offer advise here on the forum... and the import of "timber ' into Australia is very strict .. thus as I have suggested above .. check with Customs

Paris, France
Level Contributor
750 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Picture Framers

No worries, thanks everyone..I may even just get it done here, not sure yet. But thank you anyway for the suggestions. I don't want to pay reasonable money and then not be able to get it back in.

thanks

Ang

6. Re: Picture Framers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Penang Island