We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star Cruises "Libra"

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Star Cruises "Libra"

Thankyou everyone for your help with Penang.

My husband and I are going on a 3 night cruise from Penang on the Superstar Libra. Has anyone done this and could you tell me what the dress code is? Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
96 reviews
1. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

not able to help you here ..sorry ...but would like to hear more from you when you return as to what you thought about the cruise ..if I can ask what is the cost of a cabin ..

travelling
Level Contributor
97 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

Hi,

May I ask where you can book this cruise ? We are going to visit Penang and it seems fun to go on this cruise but I can't find any website that takes booking for the Star cruises.

Thanks !

Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g660694-i11609-k43…

You can book directly with Starcruise office/agents and there are various routes

Under the "hot deals" , the fares are published, but surcharge applies for peak season eg. weekends, school and public holidays.

There is a Starcruise office in the newly completed heritage buildings opposite the Clocktower/Standard Chartered bank.

- Logan Heritage, No 6 Beach Street, 10300 Georgetown, Penang.

Tel : +(60) 4-2698 388

http://www.starcruises.com/newweb/main.aspx

starcruises.com/newweb/our_fleets/cruise_ssr…

Edited: 12:52 pm, May 07, 2011
Penang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
946 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

A friend of mine just did this cruise to Phuket. There is no dress code. On one night there is a Gala night which I suppose smart casual would suffice.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

Thankyou all for your help. We are taking a 3 night cruise which I saw advertised through Flight Centre in Australia. I booked through a travel agent but there is a website (see Cassandra's post above). It was about $590 each for a cabin with a porthole.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

Hi everyone, back from our holiday. We enjoyed our cruise on the Libra. The cabin bathroom was a little tired but the shower was great. The staff were lovely, the shore excursions well-organised and the food good. The meal at the gala dinner was beautiful. These cruises are apparently promoted to the Asian market. There were probably only about 12 Australians on board but this was not a problem for us. Dress was very casual with trousers and nice shirt ample for the gala dinner.

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
73 reviews
7. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

Millie,

Good to get your feedback and that the cruise was enjoyable.

Gaja

cairns
Level Contributor
519 posts
40 reviews
8. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

Hi Millie053

Where did you actually go on the cruise ?

Regards mosiewigs

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
9. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

Hi Mosiewigs,

We sailed from Penang to Phuket where a number of shore excursions were available. That night we appparently sailed towards Langkawi and then back into Krabi as Phuket and Krabi are fairly close to each other. It is too shallow to berth at Krabi so people are transferred from the ship by tender boats. At Krabi there were about 4 day trips offered but we just took a tuk tuk into the nearby town and wandered aound. That night we sailed back to Penang and arrived at 10am the next day.

Bye.

Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
10. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

or if you want to take a look on special discount for this cruise, you can see here. they have a great discount on this cruise. usually its like RM2,060, but after promotion in became RM715. looks like a great deals right? http://bit.ly/msqypf

Edited: 12:53 pm, June 30, 2011