We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise from Penang

indonesia
Level Contributor
75 posts
23 reviews
4 helpful votes
Cruise from Penang

Hi,

Would like to know if I can cruising from Penang ?

I have only 3D/2N, or maybe explore to interesting place (scenery view) ?

And pls the info to apply them.

thank you

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
21 reviews
27 helpful votes
1. Re: Cruise from Penang

sajwl,

Apparently so, although I have yet to have met someone that has actually done this.

But you might want to see this link

www.penang-vacations.com/penang-cruise.html

I would be interested to know how you get on with this, because in 1990 I tried to get a ferry from Penang to Sumatra, for the town of Medan, but found it near impossible.

indonesia
Level Contributor
75 posts
23 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Cruise from Penang

I plan to do the check up in PengAdventishospital, and probablyeverything well check, I have more free time.

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
74 reviews
72 helpful votes
3. Re: Cruise from Penang

Sajwl,

There is a three night cruise on the SuperStar Libra from Penang to Phuket and Krabi, see:

starcruises.com/newweb/ebrochures/PDF/SSR/SS…

The ferry leaves Penang to Medan on Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 8.30am and returns Medan to Penang Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday at 10.00am

see: langkawi-ferry.com/Home/Schedule.aspx#medan

Gaja

indonesia
Level Contributor
75 posts
23 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Cruise from Penang

Gaja, thanks for the info, it seems can't cruise for 4d/3n..., maybe just 1 night cruising experience ..

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
74 reviews
72 helpful votes
5. Re: Cruise from Penang

Super Star cruise lines also do a 1 night cruise to nowhere from Penang.

Gaja

indonesia
Level Contributor
75 posts
23 reviews
4 helpful votes
6. Re: Cruise from Penang

Gaja, but can't finthe info for Penang 1N cruise on their website :( , maybe it's limited cruise.

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
74 reviews
72 helpful votes
7. Re: Cruise from Penang

Sajwl,

I did a quick search and found this Penang Travel Agent's web page i-travelz.com/super-star-cruise-promotion/. Cannot comment on them.

I believe that this cruise is mainly for those that like a bet. (Note standing, no cabin fare of RM$80).

Gaja

indonesia
Level Contributor
75 posts
23 reviews
4 helpful votes
8. Re: Cruise from Penang

Gaja,

what's the meaning "of the bet"? I plan to choose the cabin room, it's only 11 hours cruising (21.00 - 08.00 pm), maybe you have suggestion?

I wonder if take the cabin deck...there's no space for take a rest ?

And does it the gambling room ? because I heard the star cruise is for gambler ?

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
74 reviews
72 helpful votes
9. Re: Cruise from Penang

Yes the cruise is mainly provided for people who like to gamble ( aussie = bet) without having to travel to Genting Highlands or Sentosa Island.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,389 posts
34 reviews
23 helpful votes
10. Re: Cruise from Penang

Starcruise Libra night cruise departs around 8pm , and back to port at 10am the next day. Prices will vary based on peak or non-peak season.

Cheapest twin bedded cabin for weekday and non peak season (2 pax ) is RM344, inclusive of dinner and bfast.

You can check out Libra cruise under their website.

The office is along Lebuh Pantai(Beach Street) which is 5 mins walk from the port.

Nothing much to do if you dont gamble, just go to top deck, relax and star gaze. We did it a couple of yrs ago, but I couldnt sleep due to the ship's motion.

Edited: 9:45 am, March 16, 2011