We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parkroyal - Ocean Palm Suite

Sydney
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Parkroyal - Ocean Palm Suite

Hi everyone

I have been reading voraciously as I think we will head to Penang after 6 days in Hong Kong (1st time). Was initially thinking Bali (been lots) or Phuket (never been) but now have my sights on Penang, for various reasons which I won't go into but political unrest is deterring me from both and I want to relax not stress. Bit worried about the weather at that time of year in Penang too. So, my question is, has anyone actually seen an Ocean Palm Suite at the Parkroyal recently and can describe it, as the website is not very clear, and where they are actually located in the complex? Floorplan? (Yes, I don't particularly wanted to be woken at 5am). They're offering some great rates! I'm travelling with my 16 yo son and I guess I'd like some extra space between us too :) I'm brain dead from deciding on a destination let alone a hotel now - Rasa, GS or PR......I need help! :) I don't drink so I can't see the need or desire to pay the over-the-top prices in Rasa Wing but I do like a little comfort and space at night after a long hard day of relaxing around the pool, eating, massages and shopping and of course, some sightseeing too :) I do like to unwind watching some tele or a DVD (not something I get to do often in real life!) Oh yeah, travelling 13 November 08 to Hong Kong then 19 November to Penang for 6.5 days. This trip is to celebrate my 50th :) :P (must have an excuse to travel hahaha). Also is there any construction/renovation going on either at that hotel or next door that may be a pain in the proverbial? Read somewhere there was something going on. Any help, thoughts, suggestions...help me make a choice!

Thanks heaps

Deb

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,685 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parkroyal - Ocean Palm Suite

Very long question/post and I cannot offer advice on Parkroyal.

Suggest you post again with bullet point questions.

alternative to Parkroyal & Rasa is Golden Sands.

2. Re: Parkroyal - Ocean Palm Suite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 14, 2009