We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramadan Bazaar or Market

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,710 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Ramadan Bazaar or Market

Hello folks

Can anyone provide me with addresses or directions for any Ramadan Bazaar or Market that will be held in or around Georgetown? I am guessing that they will be associated with a mosque?

Other useful info welcome.

thanks

Nigel

P.S this is FOOD research.....just doing my 'job'

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
686 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramadan Bazaar or Market

ive seen the special stalls at the end of market st in little india towards the road that the big flower stall is on and the money changers.

Sorry hubby at work so cant tell you the name i could take you there if you pay for my ticket.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramadan Bazaar or Market

and if you payed for my ticket id carry your bags!! maggieomx

Malaysia
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramadan Bazaar or Market

Little India location - Queen street Ramadan bazaar, right in front of the Sri Mariamman temple. It's more of an Indian Muslim food, starts after lunch and sold out before 6pm.

Bayan Baru(near Free trade Zone) - more than 60 stalls camped behind the Bayan Baru Mosque. This has a mixture of Malay & Indian cuisine. A good place to buy the Malay kuih(cakes). Starts after 3pm.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramadan Bazaar or Market

For non-Muslims who venture into the Ramadan bazaar:-

If you purchase any kuih(cakes/titbits , please do not munch the food while within the Mosque/Ramadan compound.

It is to respect the rest of the Muslim crowd who are still fasting.

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,710 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ramadan Bazaar or Market

DSS - thank you for the information.

AliB & Maggie - you are both so very kind to offer your services...... :-)

6. Re: Ramadan Bazaar or Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:28 am, October 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Penang Island